PDA

View Full Version : Genius working too well.

ditzy
Sep 10, 2008, 06:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed that they are buying a lot more music than they used to since itunes 8?
I swear every song I play they suggest songs that I'd forgotten existed, for me to buy, and suddenly after not thinking about a song for years I have to buy it. I've banned myself from buying any music for the next week but I have a feeling that I wont keep to my self imposed ban. Considering that genius is designed to make you buy more I have to say that it is working.

uva25
Sep 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
Has anyone else noticed that they are buying a lot more music than they used to since itunes 8?
I swear every song I play they suggest songs that I'd forgotten existed, for me to buy, and suddenly after not thinking about a song for years I suddenly have to buy it. I've banned myself from buying any music for the next week but I have a feeling that I wont keep to my self imposed ban. Considering that genius is designed to make you buy more I have to say that it is working.
Totally agree. I'd say about 30% of the suggestions are spot on which is not good for my budget. What does help me is that only 30% of the suggestions are in Itunes plus so the rest that I like I would have to go over to Amazon to purchase. All in all, when I first heard the rumor about Genius I was less than impressed but after using it, I think it truly is "Genius". It will definitely drive sales.

Schtumple
Sep 10, 2008, 06:56 AM
Just turn it off?

ditzy
Sep 10, 2008, 07:00 AM
Just turn it off?

A very practical and logical solution. I think I'll have to do that.