PDA

View Full Version : ibook grey screen spinning circle

bigorangekitty
Sep 10, 2008, 10:54 AM
someone gave me an ibook, believe it's g3, with leopard. at first, it gave me the panic kernel hang message, reboot. so i ran the disk check that came with the computer the person gave to me. i enabled all tests. all passed except structure. so i hit repair, and scanned again. all passed except structure. so i hit repair, and everything passed. ran repair again, and everything passed.

so i rebooted, no "panic hanging" this time. just a grey a screen with the apple symbol. left it on for @ 4 hours. there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise coming from the hard drive...no clicking. i've tried single user mode, dump npram, safe mode...all result in the grey apple screen. if on boot, i hold the option key, i have a choice of the hard drive or the leopard dvd. so what's the deal?

so i figured, i'd reinstall the operating system. i put in the leopard OS disk, and hold down "c" key, and the grey screen appears with the spinning circle...nothing happens... it just sits there on the grey screen with the spinning circle.

Please help.
thank you ahead of time!