Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve bate

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2008
For info for anyone else out there that was looking for the nirvana of having all calendars available from office Exchange, personal iCal, MobileMe and iPhone in one place as per the (original but now defunct) promise of MobileMe, I've cracked it, well for me anyway

iCal from my MacBook syncs perfectly with MobileMe and then down to my iPhone but it was always a nightmare trying to get Exchange to sync with MobileMe, it worked perfectly with just Exchange push to my iPhone but I could never get everything consolidated real time in iCal.

I bought a copy of MS Office2008 for Mac a few months ago for about £30 and have not touched Entourage at all but had a thought last night. I ran Entourage last night and got it to sync with my Office Exchange via the OWA (Outlook Web Access) and then set Entourage Sync Services to sync with iCal but only for my Work Calendar (it automatically puts a new iCal Calendar Group called not unsurprisingly "Entourage"!!) in iCal so now I've got everything synced (almost) real time and can see all my diaries on my MacBook and iPhone. Updates work in both directions and you can set the sync frequency in Entourage to whatever you want. No VPN tunneling, messing about with firewalls just nice and simple.

Only downside is I have to keep Entourage open to keep it realtime, no big deal there!

I hope this helps somebody else!

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.