Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In addition to yesterday's previously-reported hardware and software releases, Apple also released two minor updates specifically for Windows users.

MobileMe Control Panel 1.1 (for Windows) weighs in at 1.6 MB and requires Windows XP Home SP2, XP Professional SP2 or Vista SP1 or later, iTunes 8.0 or later, and a MobileMe account.

Bonjour for Windows 1.0.5 weighs in at 2.1 MB and requires Windows 2000/2003, XP, or Vista. According to Apple's support article, the update addresses two DNS vulnerabilities.

Article Link

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Bug Fixes and Features:
===============
- It works

well, I can dream, anyways. I still haven't gotten the iphone to be pushed. Contacts never come down, cals come down only after i leave the cal open, etc..etc.. Mail on the web won't do anything. I've done all the troubleshooting stuff. I'm gonna cancel my 60 day trial.

(on a mac)

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Were these updated with iTunes 8 or do you have to download and install separate? Also, I see no where in MobileMe Preferences where is shows what release you are currently running. Most Windows Apps have an "About Product" where you can get the release information. I can't find it anywhere.

Maxamillious

Suspended
Jul 11, 2008
Just downloaded and installed both (took about 30-seconds) and MobileMe is much snappier in Google Chrome and there appears to be no sign of lag-time for syncing. I highly encourage all PC users to update. :)

spicoli

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2007
Any word if these updates help with the login problems ("Unable to log in to MobileMe at this time. Please try again later.")?

Maxamillious

Suspended
Jul 11, 2008
^ I honestly never experienced that problem prior to this update, but, for what it's worth, I'm not experiencing it now either. :)

SiriusExcelsior

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2003
Canis Major
So.. any MM updates for Tiger?.. This is kinda sad.. Apple still supports Windows XP (even 2000!) yet they have abandoned Tiger users...

...Or did I miss an update somewhere :rolleyes:

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Does the Control Panel allow you to login to your iDisk through windows without any issues. I don't use windows myself, but know a friend that was having troubles keeping the iDisk properly mounted on his windows box.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Does the Control Panel allow you to login to your iDisk through windows without any issues. I don't use windows myself, but know a friend that was having troubles keeping the iDisk properly mounted on his windows box.

I think he may be referring to the "reconnect at login problem" when "mapping idisk as a network drive". If you logoff Windows (in my case VISTA) or Restart Windows then the network drive reconnect at login does not work. You have to manually re-connect. Not sure anybody has figured out a way around this. But other then that it works great (maybe a little slow - but not sure what to expect). It pretty much looks like any other drive to windows.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Oh, well I'll remember to ask him, but it doesn't really affect me so I'm not too bothered. I just thought that this new piece of software might add in better mounting of the iDisk than what I assumed wasn't currently offered.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
I uninstalled the MM trial after a few hours. It really doesn't do anything I can't live without, plus it screwed up all my bookmarks. I used to have them meticulously arranged in a system that made sense to me, but MM changed them to alphabetical order.

ATimson

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
So.. any MM updates for Tiger?.. This is kinda sad.. Apple still supports Windows XP (even 2000!) yet they have abandoned Tiger users...
Note how it's just Bonjour that has a Win2000 update, but that MobileMe (and iTunes) no longer support Win2000.

And somehow, I suspect that the proportion of Mac users who didn't update from Tiger to Leopard is significantly smaller than those who didn't update from XP to Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.