PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that there will be a 64GB iPod Touch in February?

iParis
Sep 10, 2008, 04:58 PM
The title explains it all.
I bet some of you were surprised that Apple didn't announce a 64GB iPod touch yesterday; and I bet some of you were expecting this to happen.
So do you think Apple will release a 64GB iPod touch in February like the did for the 32GB.
I think that is most likely bound to happen and they may drop the 8GB.

upsguy27
Sep 10, 2008, 05:05 PM
I doubt it. The largest flash chip is currently 32GB; to have 64GB Apple would need to put two 32GB chips, which would make the iPT thicker, and I doubt Apple would do that since they emphasize on how thin the iPT is.

MattZani
Sep 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
hope they do, I would buy one the day there announced.

Hopefully the 64Gb will come in at the 32Gbs old price.

telf22
Sep 10, 2008, 05:44 PM
No, maybe in september.

SimonTheSoundMa
Sep 10, 2008, 05:57 PM
Following Moore's Law, perhaps. They should at least be on the market by February.

txhockey9404
Sep 10, 2008, 06:00 PM
I am really hoping for this. And to upsguy27, isn't that what everyone said last year about the 32? It is not an SSD, so it is not that fast, but it can still get pretty big. I would gladly sacrifice a few millimeters for 32gb, but I don't think Apple would. Personally, just as soon as a 64gb hits shelves, it will be in my pocket, but no other new iPod touch will be until then (unless of course some freak accident causes my current one to be unusable). I think it will happen in January, and if not, definitely in September (possibly in between?).

iParis
Sep 10, 2008, 06:03 PM
I am really hoping for this. And to upsguy27, isn't that what everyone said last year about the 32? It is not an SSD, so it is not that fast, but it can still get pretty big. I would gladly sacrifice a few millimeters for 32gb, but I don't think Apple would. Personally, just as soon as a 64gb hits shelves, it will be in my pocket, but no other new iPod touch will be until then (unless of course some freak accident causes my current one to be unusable). I think it will happen in January, and if not, definitely in September (possibly in between?).

I was thinking about that for a few minutes... but then I realized that it would make many people upset if Apple comes out with a 64GB a couple weeks after the holiday season.

aethelbert
Sep 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
I doubt it. The largest flash chip is currently 32GB; to have 64GB Apple would need to put two 32GB chips, which would make the iPT thicker, and I doubt Apple would do that since they emphasize on how thin the iPT is.
How does that make it thicker? It already uses two flash chips.

upsguy27
Sep 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
How does that make it thicker? It already uses two flash chips.

I know that the old iPod touch used two 16GB chips for the 32GB, but I think they switched to a single 32GB chip for the new one, allowing it to be thinner.

The 64GB will come out, just not by February. Probably next September.