Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your 16GB Nano shipped?

• Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Just curious if anyone's Nano's have shipped yet! What colour, and what country have you ordered from?

New Zealand here, waiting impatiently for a 16GB Green Nano! I wonder what is causing the shipping delays for the 16GB versions... memory chip shortages of the 16GB chips?
The NZ Apple Store says ships in 7-10 business days (but my order status says ships in 1-3)... and the US Store still says 2-4, but the 8GB's all ship within 24 hours.

Grr... hurry up :p

Update: Order shipped 15 September.... TNT tracking says it hasn't budged from Hong Kong for 1.5 days. Should be here by Friday I hope.

Update: It is here! The green colour is beautiful... a bit darker than on the Apple website with a nice metallic sheen. It's a really nice green! The corners on the ends aren't that sharp. I don't know what people are complaining about. This thing is so incredibly tiny... I love it already! If you haven't already, and your MP3 player needs replacing (mine really did... a chunky old 5GB Creative thing that was a real nuisance to work with Mac), buy an iPod Nano 4G and you won't regret it!

Sync speed is pretty good, writes at about 11MB/sec, vs 16MB/sec for a 160GB Classic.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
im very confident it will ship today and i will get a tracking number and it will be here on the 12th due to my overnight shipping!!!

so im going to vote........when i get home and i know it shipped(which it will or already has)!

immemorial

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
Guelph, ON
Black 16GB in Canada.

It hasn't shipped yet, but I ordered on the 9th and it still says ships in 5-7 days. Hopefully it won't take so long!

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
USA, Orange 16 GB w/ engraving. Ordered Tuesday. Not shipped as of Thursday night. I think Steve did say hopefully this weekend?

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
ordered 16Gb orange on tuesday with overnight shipping. Not yet shipped as of 10:25 ET,7:25 PT so i'm gonna guess it won't be here tomorrow. If it ships tomorrow hopefully I will get it saturday(saturday delivery?) and if not then i guess itll be monday or tuesday.

uncleSmurf

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Ordered mine yesterday... black with engraving... shipped very early this morning.

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Still prepared for shipment on Sat. night, thought it might have gone out today even though I know its the weekend.

Are these shipping from China or from CA?

McBoberts

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
Raleigh
I bought mine after the event as well in the US and it has not shipped. 'Prepared to ship' since last night.

So annoying.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I ordered mine right after the event as well. "Not Yet Shipped" is still my status.
I bought a 16gb Green one. Mine has to come to APO after it hits my house in the states so I have an extra week of waiting :'( (Not that I need the thing but still)

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
aust...

Attachments

• ipn.jpg
    ipn.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 72

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Mine turned to "prepared for shipment" over the weekend, so I'm guessing that means it is manufactured and packaged and that it will ship out the next business day.

Yay :D hope the shipping is speedy. When I've ordered standard in-stock products from the NZ Apple Store, they have taken as little as 15 hours from the "your product has shipped" notification (which came a few hours after ordering) to arriving on my doorstep... and that's coming straight from the Apple warehouse in SYDNEY! Pretty impressive. But this one's probably coming straight from China, so it might take a little longer :(

AeroStud1026

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
Galloway, NJ
Just ordered a Purple engraved 16GB today after a big let down from the apple store I usually go to. They told me they "hope" to have the 16GB's by the end of the week, so I just ordered online thinking i'd get it at about the same time, plus I get free engraving.Looking at this thread though maybe not.....

Location - Buena, NJ

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
Mine has now shipped directly from China but it has a 'shipping exception'. :(

me too....i picked overnight shipping...will this hinder it.......:confused:

omg....

bs

my local best buy got the 16gb's saturday.......:eek:

never ordering direct from apple agin:mad:

west.acre

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
Ordered direct from Apple, in UK. Decided on both apple Exclusives; Red and Engraved, naturally.

ETA 23 Sep, 2008 - 29 Sep

Because my delivery address was different from billing, I got security checked, which delayed the payment going through but shouldn't affect the shipping as they're not even around yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.