Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
http://appstorefeed.com/apps/Relax/

iTunes isn't running at work, but that link should have a button to iTunes.

Seems to be a sound app like Ambiance and aSleep, but instead of just sound, it has high quality video that matches the destination. When I get home home I'll have to grab it, but right now, seeing how it's video, I'm sure it's over the 10 meg limit for 3G.

EDIT: It seems to be going through some change and you can't download it. And it shows as 2.99 in the entertainment section, while the actual info page has free. Maybe we just missed it, or it will be fixed and still free.

Here's the direct link to iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290188728&mt=8

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
http://appstorefeed.com/apps/Relax/

iTunes isn't running at work, but that link should have a button to iTunes.

Seems to be a sound app like Ambiance and aSleep, but instead of just sound, it has high quality video that matches the destination. When I get home home I'll have to grab it, but right now, seeing how it's video, I'm sure it's over the 10 meg limit for 3G.

i just tried to d/l it and i get a message saying the application is currently being modified and can't be purchased. is it no longer free??

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Darn I hope we didn't miss it. That site says it was published 1 day 1 hour 14 minutes ago. They don't give a time for the sale, but just an extremely limited time. If it was 24 hours, you'd think they'd just say 24 hour sale. So here's to hoping it will start working soon.

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
i wish there was some kind of notifier of apps that are free for a certain time. this is twice now i just missed out on a free app. the other was when Expando was released.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
It's pretty cool. In comparison, I don't know if you get 3x the enjoyment out of say, Koi Pond that costs 1/3 the price. I'd think this would do much better as a 99 cent app.

It is neat, though. Just something tells me people are more apt to pull the trigger on purchases that cost 99 cents for an app that they might use a few times only.

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if we missed the window or not. Sent them an email.

There's apparently a problem with the link on the app page, but you can purchase it from the "Buy App" link on the Entertainment page.

One link (the broken one) says free, the other says $2.99.

I'll report back if I get an answer from the dev.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
The icon on the list of Entertainment applications shows that it costs $2.99. Clicking on that brings up the main application page, where it shows that it is free. Clicking to get it from there gives the message that the program is being modified and is therefore unavailable for purchase.

I'd like to find out that it is still available for free, but I assume it is process of being changed to a pay version. It was nice of the developer to offer it free to early adopters though. Thanks for that as a general matter.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Relax is no longer free.

When you buy it from the product page, it says item is being modifed.

But when you buy it from the entertainment page, it charges you $2.99...

Though since I have a screenshot of the product page, I wonder if Apple will let me have it for free? :/ I sent a "Report the Problem".

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Since I have Ambiance and aSleep, I'll have to skip buying it. If it was free, yes, but to pay for it, plus eat up more memory, probably not since it would really be overkill with the other two apps.

Maybe one day when the iPhone has a built in micro projector and can display the soothing video on a wall as you relax, or possibly a docking clock radio that has a projector to display the interface and video on a ceiling or wall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.