Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kered22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Check out the iFixit disassembly:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/First-Look/iPod/iPod-Touch-2G

The 1st gen Touch had two flash memory chips, the new has just one. I was hoping Apple would use the 32GB flash chips (for a 64GB version), and they are, just not the way I was hoping.

And by doing that, (and by changing the battery too I presume) the battery life has increased a pretty good amount.

I was a little reluctant to buy at first, even after buying but seeing it all broken down, I'm really liking this new Touch.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Wow: that logic board is smaller than I expected.

As a little kid I remember when they miniaturized the cassette recorder/radio down into something about 6X bigger than the iPT. It gave you tape and radio... that was only 25 years ago. What an amazing leap in design and technology during the past 3 decades.

This iPT has more 'drive memory' than the G3/Power Macs' standard drives 10 years ago. It's truly amazing how far computing power has come in the past few years.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I remember seeing the teardown for the first Touch and was also amazed how small the logic board is.

Most of the iPod Touch's internal volume is simply glass,LCD, and battery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.