View Full Version : Wrong time on Macbook. Help please
Sep 11, 2008, 12:04 PM
The clock on Macbook is wrong, in both OS X and Vista. I have it set to the right timezone and I try to sync it but it won't change to the right time. Is there a way to fix this in the os or the bios?
Sep 11, 2008, 12:19 PM
First, there is not BIOS.
Second, In "Date & Time" in OS X, check to see you are setting the time automatically and that it is set to use time.apple.com. If that doesn't work, set the time manually.
If the time that is appearing is in 1969, you have a bad PRAM battery and should get it replaced at an Apple Store or Repair Center.
Sep 11, 2008, 08:09 PM
Windows and OSX calculate time differently based on the system clock and only one of them can be right at a time. This can lead to your time being perpetually wrong since you boot windows and fix the time but break it on the mac. >> Boot mac, fix time, break it in windows.
This might help.
Dec 17, 2009, 02:33 PM
Delete the file listed in the link. You might need to reset the configuration, but that should work.
Here's the details:
1. If the Date & Time preferences window is open, close it.
2. From the Go menu choose Go to Folder.
3. Type or paste the following location, then click Go.
4. Delete the folder named "localtime".
5. Enter your admin password if prompted.
6. Select the correct time zone in the Time Zone tab of Date & Time preferences.
...worked for me.