PDA

View Full Version : How many iPod is too many?

HiFiGuy528
Sep 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
I currently have two (80GB - 5th gen & 160GB - 6th gen). I wonder if it is an obsession or norm. Which leads me to ask.

How many iPods do you personally own/use (any model, except iPhone)? Why do you have more than one?

Trajectory
Sep 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
I only have one iPod (classic), not counting the iPod on my iPhone.

I feel so dirty.

QCassidy352
Sep 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think it's too many when you have ipods that you don't use. I have an iphone and a shuffle. I used to have a nano, but sold it once I realized that the shuffle covers workouts, and the iphone covers everything else (making the nano totally redundant).

soberbrain
Sep 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
My current iPhone and my previous 3rd gen iPod, which is now a backup along with my previous phone a Motorola.

dborja
Sep 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
I have an iPod Mini integrated into my car. It replaced the 6-CD changer. I've been using the iPhone as my iPod after selling my Shuffle last year. I don't quite have the new Nano yet for my second iPod (;)) but I am considering it for use while biking, walking, puttering around the house, etc. In this way, I don't burden my iPhone's battery and memory; more juice for calls, txting and apps and more memory for apps...

pol0001
Sep 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
I had only one most of the time. (Mini, 5th Gen, Classic) Than I bought an iPod Shuffle for sports and an iPod Touch for everything else. When I got my iPhone 4 weeks ago, I sold my Shuffle and my Touch. I don't need two iPods since I would use only one.

QCassidy352
Sep 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
I had only one most of the time. (Mini, 5th Gen, Classic) Than I bought an iPod Shuffle for sports and an iPod Touch for everything else. When I got my iPhone 4 weeks ago, I sold my Shuffle and my Touch. I don't need two iPods since I would use only one.

don't you still need the shuffle for sports? I can't run with my iphone - way too bulky!

JG271
Sep 11, 2008, 01:11 PM
1st Gen Nano. 4GB and still going strong, although my itunes library is 12GB now, so i have to select carefully what i want to put on there!

I think one ipod is enough, if i choose to get a new ipod i will probably just give the 4gb one to someone in my family.

oblomow
Sep 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
I think one is too many...
but that option is not available

Marky_Mark
Sep 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
I'm (almost) ashamed to say I have three (5G iPod Vid, iPhone, Shuffle), but then I think, they all have specific uses and specific advantages.

the shuffle was what I used when I was out and about (and has now been largely replaced in that role by the phone), but the shuffle is still used for times when it could be considered more 'expendable' compared to the other two: cleaning the car, doing the lawn, working out etc.

The 5G is used as a jukebox in the car and the lounge. Although I have the phone, I still use the 5G an enormous amount. I travel a lot on business and I like the fact I can take almost all my music with me and have it in hotel rooms, company flats and on long-haul flights. It also gets used in the car with an iTrip, which I tried using with the phone but the GSM handshake pips coming through the speakers drove me nuts. It also sits in a dock hooked up to my stereo at home and works a treat. Although I buy most of my music on CD, they rarely get played. The get opened, ripped in iTunes and then just sit on the shelf.

The iPhone speaks for itself as a great convergence device. I must admit, it used to be a PITA using the shuffle if someone called me on my old Nokia. Hearing it, getting out my pocket, switching off the iPod, taking out the earbuds and answering the phone before the caller hung up was a challenge at times! I don't have to worry about that any more.

So, maybe I'm not that ashamed after all.

glocke12
Sep 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
I couldnt help myself and ordered the orange 16 gig nano....

16 gigs isnt enough for me, but Ill probably use it when I want to use something smaller than my 160 gig classic. I got sucked in by the color mostly...

so now I have a 60 gig classic

a 160 gig classic

and than the nano...

the 60 gig i may just end up giving away to a friend who wants an ipod but cant afford one.

culero
Sep 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
I just got my iPod touch today, shuffle should be here soon for workouts. I had a nano 3G, but it couldn't handle my sweaty hands while running. My fault, I should have bought an armband deal for it. When I took it to the Apple store, the genius asked me if I had dropped in water! :o

gan6660
Sep 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
I personally have 3 iPod right know, Touch, 3G Nano, 1G Shuffle but have had a 1G nano (went through the wash and dryer) and a 5.5G video sold to buy my LG Dare.

Scarpad
Sep 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm (almost) ashamed to say I have three (5G iPod Vid, iPhone, Shuffle), but then I think, they all have specific uses and specific advantages.

the shuffle was what I used when I was out and about (and has now been largely replaced in that role by the phone), but the shuffle is still used for times when it could be considered more 'expendable' compared to the other two: cleaning the car, doing the lawn, working out etc.

The 5G is used as a jukebox in the car and the lounge. Although I have the phone, I still use the 5G an enormous amount. I travel a lot on business and I like the fact I can take almost all my music with me and have it in hotel rooms, company flats and on long-haul flights. It also gets used in the car with an iTrip, which I tried using with the phone but the GSM handshake pips coming through the speakers drove me nuts. It also sits in a dock hooked up to my stereo at home and works a treat. Although I buy most of my music on CD, they rarely get played. The get opened, ripped in iTunes and then just sit on the shelf.

The iPhone speaks for itself as a great convergence device. I must admit, it used to be a PITA using the shuffle if someone called me on my old Nokia. Hearing it, getting out my pocket, switching off the iPod, taking out the earbuds and answering the phone before the caller hung up was a challenge at times! I don't have to worry about that any more.

So, maybe I'm not that ashamed after all.

I'm a PMP Gadge-a-holic and I bow my head in shame I have

16gb Touch-1gb Shuffle-3g 8gb Nano (Had a 80gb Classic sold it) , Zune 80, Zune 30, Zune 8, PSP, Creative Zen 16gb, Creative Wave 4gb, Sansa 2gb Clip, Archos 405, Archos 605, Cowon A2.

And I want a 4g Nano.. I know I need help....

muldul
Sep 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
Two 1st Gen Shuffles (512 mb)
Two 2nd Gen Shuffles (1GB)
One Ipod Mini (2GB)
One 1st Gen Nano (2GB)
One 2nd Gen Nano (8GB)
Two iPod touches (16GB)

I use them all!!!:D:apple:

HiFiGuy528
Sep 11, 2008, 03:56 PM
Now that I know I am not alone with this iPod obsession, how do you organize your music to each iPod?
Do you use Playlist, Genre, etc.?
Do you designate each iPod to a type of music for there use (car, work out, work, etc.)?

Insulin Junkie
Sep 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
I usually sell the old one off when I get a new one. Right now I don't have an iPod at all, I'm using the iPhone.

trekkie604
Sep 11, 2008, 04:18 PM
I have a few (see sig)... I like to collect them, though, so I don't sell old ones before buying anew.

My collection: http://flickr.com/photos/trekkie604/2849527110/

surgedc5
Sep 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
I currently have a 80gb classic black and a nano 2nd gen 8gb red

looking to replace my current nano with a silver or black nano 4th gen 16gb :)

cherry su
Sep 11, 2008, 05:09 PM
IT's OVER 9000!!!!!

or

Gotta have 'em all, iPod! (Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon!)

iPod 4G, iPod 5G, iPod shuffle

hexonxonx
Sep 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
It's only too many of you think it's too many. Some people have purchased every single iPod ever made.

aznguy2772
Sep 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hmm, I think 4 should be the max a person should have at one time.

I myself have a 1 GB iPod Shuffle, 30 GB 5g iPod, and an 8 GB iPhone.

I'm seriously considering a 16 GB Orange Nano.

HiFiGuy528
Sep 11, 2008, 11:27 PM
So cool. I threw away my 5th gen packaging.

Collect them all!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849527110_1bcc406f5e.jpg?v=0

Brien
Sep 11, 2008, 11:31 PM
I have too many:

iPod shuffle (1st gen, 1GB)
iPod nano (1st gen, 2GB)
iPod touch (1st gen, 8GB)
iPod (3rd gen, 15GB, use it as a portable HD)
iPod (4th gen, 40GB, the HD died about a year ago)
iPod (5th gen, 60GB, still works!)

I plan on getting an iPhone with the next revision.

movieboy23
Sep 11, 2008, 11:53 PM
So cool. I threw away my 5th gen packaging.

Collect them all!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849527110_1bcc406f5e.jpg?v=0

I'm surprised your mini is still working.

I got 3 - an iPhone, a 30 GB video (which I use half as a portable HD and half as an iPod), and a 4GB original nano for the gym.

Manzana
Sep 11, 2008, 11:59 PM
nice picture DjAmTraX

I used to think more than one was too many, this was 6 years ago though! So now I have a 3rd Gen 40gb, a 1gb silver shuffle, a 2nd Gen 4gb green nano, and a white iPhone. I'm keeping them all.

sushi
Sep 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
Personally, I don't think that you can have too many! :p

Currently I have:
iPod Click-Wheel (Original, 10GB)
iPod shuffle (1st gen, 1GB)
iPod shuffle (2nd gen, 1GB)
iPod nano (2nd gen, 8GB)
iPod touch (1st gen, 32GB)

trekkie604
Sep 12, 2008, 10:00 AM
I'm surprised your mini is still working.

I got 3 - an iPhone, a 30 GB video (which I use half as a portable HD and half as an iPod), and a 4GB original nano for the gym.

lol yes the mini still chugs along quite well. I washed the 1G Nano in the washing machine too, and it's case is a little banged up but it still works perfectly as well ;)