Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sief9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Am I the only one that this happens to? I'm always scared to touch my ipod (touch, get it? Oh the irony!). My computer is plugged into a 220V plug (It's 220) and it's like 5 years old.

So whats the problem? My ipod? Computer? Outlet?

Any ideas?

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Outlet.... means the power socket doesnt have proper earthing! Shouldnt effect the iPod functioning though! That doesnt mean you shouldnt get it repaired!

Sief9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Outlet.... means the power socket doesnt have proper earthing! Shouldnt effect the iPod functioning though! That doesnt mean you shouldnt get it repaired!

That's what I figured! Cause it also happens to my digital camera. It's a f**ked up outlet though, it's not supposed to be there, we ran it from an outlet from the other side of the room.

rupie94

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
Leiden
I have never gotten this problem.
Strange....
Maybe it's because it was charged, not like charged with a battery, but charged like the electricity was captured in the back of your iPod Touch which is plausible because the back of your iPod is made out of steel.
You might contact apple about that their product tried to hurt you, maybe you can get some money or so :D

Sief9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I have never gotten this problem.
Strange....
Maybe it's because it was charged, not like charged with a battery, but charged like the electricity was captured in the back of your iPod Touch which is plausible because the back of your iPod is made out of steel.
You might contact apple about that their product tried to hurt you, maybe you can get some money or so :D

Haha, yeah I should sue. But the thing about it is that, it's not like a little buzz, like a vibration kinda thing, it's a full on like 220V shock.

Jelite

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK
That's what I figured! Cause it also happens to my digital camera. It's a f**ked up outlet though, it's not supposed to be there, we ran it from an outlet from the other side of the room.

You just answered your own question right there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.