PDA

View Full Version : Logic Studio License - Desktop and Laptop...

gotzero
Sep 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
I currently have my copy of Logic Studio installed on a Mini and an MBP.

I am considering trading the Mini for a MBA, and using the MBP as my replacement desktop. Under this scenario, I have two related questions:

1. What counts as a desktop? Can my MPB count as a desktop?

2. If so, will my Logic registration not work for the MBA if I take it off of the mini? I do not want to use it on two machines at the same time, but would like to have it on both my portable and home machines.

WinterMute
Sep 11, 2008, 06:00 PM
The reality is that it'll work, regardless of what the machine is.

The legality is that Apple are happy for you to install it on a static machine and a mobile machine and make allowances for that in the EULA, to install it on any other machine is in breach of your agreement with Apple.

They removed the dongle to allow this to happen, some people will abuse it some won't.

gotzero
Sep 11, 2008, 07:59 PM
One of the things that kills me about the license is that you can use both copies simultaneously, but not on the same wireless network...

Who is more likely violating the terms of their license, someone running two machines in the same spot, or someone running two machines 1000 miles apart at the same time?

I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

As far as the dongle, I never minded it nearly as much as most, I just wish it would have been much smaller, and possibly had an option in internally mount it. It made me reluctant to let people near my machine for fear of breaking/theft.