May 28, 2002, 10:55 AM
Dukestreet what is the TBA forum?
Something cool and new?

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Dukestreet what is the TBA forum?
Something cool and new?

well last week they claimed it was nothing to get too worked up about. and they said it was coming soon to be patient and whatnot.

still not here though...

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 10:58 AM
Of course its something cool and new, what else would it be.....

You'll all know soon enough, as soon as arn approves the final bits.

britboy
May 28, 2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

well last week they claimed it was nothing to get too worked up about. and they said it was coming soon to be patient and whatnot.

still not here though...

well, if you'd pay up and join the demi-gods, you'd already know what it was about :)

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by britboy

well, if you'd pay up and join the demi-gods, you'd already know what it was about :)

blah blah.

hire me to do something for pay and then i'll be glad to pay up...

and you can take that to the rack!

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 11:17 AM

blah blah.

hire me to do something for pay and then i'll be glad to pay up...

and you can take that to the rack!

now none of that here. support of the site is optional, and there has to be something special for those who do.

juts be happy you get to choose your option jello

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 11:18 AM
I'll be happy to tell u guys that I cannot confirm nor deny any knowledge of anything going on in said forum...

psst...duke...how was that?? ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 11:20 AM
Please, the air of mystery is almost as bad as my wondering where arn is. I want to get this thing going soon. So just have some patience and relax.

No taunting, eye, it just makes it worse.

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
juts be happy you get to choose your option jello

why wouldn't i? if this were a dictatorship??? ha

and if arn's not around, i can't become demi-god yet anyway, can i?

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 11:28 AM
Please, the air of mystery is almost as bad as my wondering where arn is. I want to get this thing going soon. So just have some patience and relax.

No taunting, eye, it just makes it worse.

my apologies...

I figured we're so close at this point that a little taunting wouldn't do too much harm... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 11:31 AM

why wouldn't i? if this were a dictatorship??? ha

and if arn's not arround, i can't become demi-god yet anyway, can i?

You have to pay and then it gets processed. You'd be a demi-god by tomorrow.

You wouldn't get an option if this was a pay to play site. Its because a few individuals like the Demi-gods that support the site so arn doesn't have to foot the whole bill. It probably wouldn't have as many members if it was a pay site, but I'm just trying to point out that you should be appreciative of what you got.

Any luck on that job yet?

britboy
May 28, 2002, 11:50 AM

You know, for someone trying to be a voice of authority, you can be rather cheeky at times duke ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 11:50 AM
You have to pay and then it gets processed. You'd be a demi-god by tomorrow.

You wouldn't get an option if this was a pay to play site. Its because a few individuals like the Demi-gods that support the site so arn doesn't have to foot the whole bill. It probably wouldn't have as many members if it was a pay site, but I'm just trying to point out that you should be appreciative of what you got.

ahh yeah. well maybe by tomorrow the tba will be announced! booyah.

well i wouldn't be here if it were a pay site. i mean, sure i'd miss out... but i'd have never gotten into it. that's just how it works... i wouldn't have paid 35 to join not knowing much what it is...

the guy should have gotten my tape/resume today.... so hopefully i'll hear by tomorrow.... if not, should i call and do a "follow up"?

ps: britboy- he's cheeky cause he knows i'm serious about paying when i get a job... i think. and so should you! and you! and you!

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:03 PM
You know, for someone trying to be a voice of authority, you can be rather cheeky at times duke ;)

voice of authority, moi?

I just like giving my future short film partner a hard time now and then, he knows where I'm coming from, I think.

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 12:07 PM
voice of authority, moi?

I just like giving my future short film partner a hard time now and then, he knows where I'm coming from, I think.

not sure where he got the idea you were a voice of authority.... he must be hopped up on... something

haha..... true dat. i do. and nice touch. sometimes you are funny. mostly sour.

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:10 PM
mostly sour.

can I really be that sour when I don't even think I am? I'm a very optimistic person, really....

Hemingray
May 28, 2002, 12:17 PM

still not here though...

I heard the delay had something to do with Microsoft... :p :D ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 28, 2002, 12:21 PM
can I really be that sour when I don't even think I am? I'm a very optimistic person, really....

ahh.. interesting. since i'm pretty cynical. yet i'm a big joker.... weird.

hemingray-... i believe gates himself issued the demand for delay citing that ie was not yet fit to deal with the new forum...

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray

I heard the delay had something to do with Microsoft... :p :D ;)

Well there we're some compatibility issues, it won't run on a PC yet, so we had to work out some hacks to get it right...

britboy
May 28, 2002, 02:39 PM
For all those who were dying of curiosity, you can now (at last) find out what all the secrecy was about! Let the games begin!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 02:42 PM
For all those who were dying of curiosity, you can now (at last) find out what all the secrecy was about! Let the games begin!!!

Hey, no fair, that's my job britboy!

So, as official notice,

Go check it out!:D

eyelikeart
May 28, 2002, 02:45 PM

hey....u could have given duke the glory of making the announcement...he he he... ;)

britboy
May 28, 2002, 03:07 PM
Well, i was waiting for some sort of official announcement (like, on the front page or something), and nothing was happening. It seemed as though it was going to just be introduced quietly. I wasn't about to allow that :D

Anyway, the glory be to Dukestreet, the man with the great idea!

Mr. Anderson
May 28, 2002, 03:09 PM
Well, i was waiting for some sort of official announcement (like, on the front page or something), and nothing was happening. It seemed as though it was going to just be introduced quietly. I wasn't about to allow that :D

Thanks for the help, but if you go to the front page, you'll see the link, Arn put it there recently.

So where's your entry?

Macmaniac
May 29, 2002, 06:48 AM
I like what you did with the new forum.

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I like what you did with the new forum.

Glad you approve. So you going to enter the 'tar you were talking about last week?

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 08:53 AM
Hey Duke, it looks like we are going to have a lot of Tars to judge :D

Man, it has been up for one day, and there are already like 100 up there. I can't wait to see all of them and vote. Um, this is going to be fun.....

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 08:59 AM
Well, I wouldn't say a 100, but they are definitely coming in from everywhere, who'd a thought?

We're going to have to come up with an easy way to organize the whole judging process. I might end up making a webpage to view them all in so we don't have to weed through the posts. That will take a bit of doing, so you might be tasked to *help* a little on that. And we'll talk to eye for some ideas as well.

But I was thinking 2 pages, one with the animated versions and one with the still and you could go and click through them. I might even set up a separate page for each with a email form for judging, 3 fields, with scoring of 0-5 for artistic, technical and originality. I'll look into that and get back to you, might be too much if we do get 100 tars (which won't surprise me now).

Besides, we're going to get pestered once the contest closes to determine winners, oh well.....

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 09:09 AM
Well, I wouldn't say a 100, but they are definitely coming in from everywhere, who'd a thought?

We're going to have to come up with an easy way to organize the whole judging process. I might end up making a webpage to view them all in so we don't have to weed through the posts. That will take a bit of doing, so you might be tasked to *help* a little on that. And we'll talk to eye for some ideas as well.

But I was thinking 2 pages, one with the animated versions and one with the still and you could go and click through them. I might even set up a separate page for each with a email form for judging, 3 fields, with scoring of 0-5 for artistic, technical and originality. I'll look into that and get back to you, might be too much if we do get 100 tars (which won't surprise me now).

Besides, we're going to get pestered once the contest closes to determine winners, oh well.....

Well you have to remember that Cleo had like 10 on hers :) I agree on making a page to view them. That will take some doing, but if we end up with 500 or so, then it would make it easier than looking at page after page. Oh yea, we are going to get hammered when this thing ends with PM's to decide the outcome. Oh, well, at least we will have fun right.

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 09:16 AM
i for one promise not to pm or even post about how long it's taking you to decide...

and i think that people who do are getting a bit nutty. i mean, you 5 judges have lives and judges, and by allowing people to enter more than one, you were just asking to get bombed with tons of submissions.... so i think everyone should (though of course some won't- no names though... ha) respect your time and whatnot...

anyhoo, should be interesting.i guess i don't count anyways since i won't be trying to see if i won or anything...

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 09:19 AM
i for one promise not to pm or even post about how long it's taking you to decide...

and i think that people who do are getting a bit nutty. i mean, you 5 judges have lives and judges, and by allowing people to enter more than one, you were just asking to get bombed with tons of submissions.... so i think everyone should (though of course some won't- no names though... ha) respect your time and whatnot...

anyhoo, should be interesting.i guess i don't count anyways since i won't be trying to see if i won or anything...

Man, look at Jello being protective of us three. :D

Jello, you trying to do a little brown nosing here? :p Anyway, seriously, thanks for posting that. Maybe it will keep some of the overly excited people from bombarding us with PM's

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 09:32 AM
What might be a good way to narrow the field is have quick vote for overall appeal and save the three catagories for the finals. Would make things easier...

what do you think?

Thanks for the support there jello, I don't believe a word of it.....

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Man, look at Jello being protective of us three. :D

Jello, you trying to do a little brown nosing here? :p Anyway, seriously, thanks for posting that. Maybe it will keep some of the overly excited people from bombarding us with PM's

not you 3. more like blakespot and arn. i mean, brown nosing counts for much much more with them! oh wait. no.

i was just attacking in advance those foolios who waste your time and theirs with bugging you about hurrying up the results.... that's all... i mean, i think it's ok to ask for a daily update like "we're getting there" or something... but beyond that, people just have to be patient...

oh and duke. i believe i was actually being serious.

perhaps i'm drunk, but i see a clear difference b/w people bugging you all to finish the votes and me messing with you about the new forum... again, maybe that's just me. but i think the formality of the judging and whatnot makes it such that people should respect whatever time it takes you. unless it gets beyond say... 2 weeks. though it all depends on how many are submitted i guess....

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 09:54 AM
oh and duke. i believe i was actually being serious.

perhaps i'm drunk, but i see a clear difference b/w people bugging you all to finish the votes and me messing with you about the new forum... again, maybe that's just me. but i think the formality of the judging and whatnot makes it such that people should respect whatever time it takes you. unless it gets beyond say... 2 weeks. though it all depends on how many are submitted i guess....

Sheesh, can't take the banter....

I agree, it will all come down to how many entries we get. We've had a flurry of activity, and it will probably keep up for a day or two, then I predict a lull, a few a day, till the last couple of days when we'll get hammered. Sorting through the mess will be difficult, I'll have to have arn close up the forum so we can vote, no new posts allowed. I could just not accept any comments, but I'm not sure what we'll do until we get there....

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 09:56 AM
What might be a good way to narrow the field is have quick vote for overall appeal and save the three catagories for the finals. Would make things easier...

what do you think?

Thanks for the support there jello, I don't believe a word of it.....

That is a good idea. We should go ahead and start pulling them off of the pages and getting them to a central location. What do you think?

oh, and jello, thanks my brother for the help with the follios as you call them :cool:

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:00 AM

That is a good idea. We should go ahead and start pulling them off of the pages and getting them to a central location. What do you think?

oh, and jello, thanks my brother for the help with the follios as you call them :cool:

When are you going to be a Demi-God? We could handle a lot of this over in the private forum then....

Anyway, what do think on how to organize it? I'd start by just going through and listing all the entries, actually, I could do that as a thread in the Avatar contest and edit it as they new entries come in, make it simpler to handle and keep people from posting replies-I'd just delete them. I'll work on that tonight and we'll figure out where to go from there....

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 10:01 AM

haha. it's "foolios".... you know. like coolio. but they're foolio..

good luck judgers.

oh wait, how did back-dawg become a judge? he's not even a demi-god??? what the??!?!?

i still got your back (not that you need it you 6'6 monster) though...

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:06 AM

oh wait, how did back-dawg become a judge? he's not even a demi-god??? what the??!?!?

He was chosen because of his appreciation of 'tars and his inability to make them, a good outside, unbiased type. That way he rounds out the trio nicely, instead of having 3 artistes, you know....

So when are you displaying your artwork, btw?

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 10:06 AM

When are you going to be a Demi-God? We could handle a lot of this over in the private forum then....

Anyway, what do think on how to organize it? I'd start by just going through and listing all the entries, actually, I could do that as a thread in the Avatar contest and edit it as they new entries come in, make it simpler to handle and keep people from posting replies-I'd just delete them. I'll work on that tonight and we'll figure out where to go from there....

I am pushing for this week, maybe next before I become Godly, he,he. To organize it by starting a thread and editing it as they come it will be much simpler to handle. I do like the replies though. It makes it a fun read. Still It would be easier for us if they did not. Now like BritBoy's where he corrected his Tar in his thread. They need to let us know if they do that.

Oh, Jello.
I may not be a Demi-God, but everyone can see the grace, intelligence, and dignity with which I handle myself. Wait dude, you ok? I am sorry I made you fall out of your chair like that..... :D :D

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 10:08 AM
Oh, Jello.
I may not be a Demi-God, but everyone can see the grace, intelligence, and dignity with which I handle myself. Wait dude, you ok? I am sorry I made you fall out of your chair like that..... :D :D

yeah but it was discussed in the private thing before it was announced. i guess you just got invited in as a judge..

i'm sitting on a couch. so if i fall over, i'm likely to stay down and go back to sleep... word.

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 10:12 AM

yeah but it was discussed in the private thing before it was announced. i guess you just got invited in as a judge..

i'm sitting on a couch. so if i fall over, i'm likely to stay down and go back to sleep... word.

I did. This was Duke's baby from the start. He asked me, and I said sure. I will be a Demi-God before long. I really want that coffee mug. Now that I have quit smoking, I need another vice.....;)

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 10:13 AM

I did. This was Duke's baby from the start. He asked me, and I said sure. I will be a Demi-God before long. I really want that coffee mug. Now that I have quit smoking, I need another vice.....;)

ha. who needs vices when you got macrumors????

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 10:26 AM

HA! Now I know that MrsBacktothemac would have to agree with that. She would probably rather me do anything if it would get me away from you guys. he,he.

No, she likes the community, and will hopefully begin posting soon. I will have to point this one out to her and maybe she will get the hint.

:p

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 10:30 AM

Now that's the truth...

My wife doesn't know about the contest, best for me she doesn't, I don't think she would understand all that well. As it is, I get called 'geek' more often when she sees me online.....

Backtothemac
May 29, 2002, 10:45 AM

Now that's the truth...

My wife doesn't know about the contest, best for me she doesn't, I don't think she would understand all that well. As it is, I get called 'geek' more often when she sees me online.....

Actually, I was very impressed with the ole lady last night. She actually sat down and went through all of the tar entries with me. She already has her favorites, it was actually good quality family time. he,he.

Macrumors. It isn't just for geeks anymore.....

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 11:03 AM

Actually, I was very impressed with the ole lady last night. She actually sat down and went through all of the tar entries with me. She already has her favorites, it was actually good quality family time. he,he.

Macrumors. It isn't just for geeks anymore.....

Now there's a quote for arn! Have to put that over in the private forum.

You've got a winner there, glad she actually likes the whole MacRumors thing, when's she going to get online and start mingling with the rest of us?