Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inukami

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah so i saw this app on iTunes from my computer and i went to search it on the app store in my iPhone but couldnt find it. I did both search and tried to find it in the category, this happened with a few other app..

trihard

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
Yeah so i saw this app on iTunes from my computer and i went to search it on the app store in my iPhone but couldnt find it. I did both search and tried to find it in the category, this happened with a few other app..

I have had a similar experience. I tried to search for FlyCast as well, and came back with nothing, but then went to the music category and there it is.

Perhaps could be a problem with the database on the app store.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Same deal with the H12c Lite (HP 12c financial calcuator simulator). Saw it on iTunes, but couldn't locate on ipod touch.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
Oh yeah, it's weird. I was looking for an app using iPhone search. Not there, but I had just noticed it on the desktop. Checked the iPhone store's Productivity category, and sure enough, there it was. So, now I know not to depend on the iphone store's search facility.

mtehonica

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
I've been having the same problems with XBMC Remote and TrackMyShipments. Was able to find XBMC Remote eventually (not through search) but still can't find TrackMyShipments.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
<snip> but still can't find TrackMyShipments.
It's under the Productivity category. Look there. (Note: I'm at the desktop, and just ran a powersearch, confined to the app store, for TrackMyShipments. Gees, this Apple stuff is beginning to feel like Windows goofiness.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.