Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
England
I haven't been able to log into my me.com webmail for about 24 hours. I can get mail using the Mail app on my iMac at home, but I can't get my emails while I'm away from home. It's really annoying.

I just had a webchat with one of the support reps and he said this is a known problem at the moment and they are looking into it.

What makes me particularly annoyed is that they know about this, but its not on the MobileMe service status page. Are Apple still hiding the true level of problems with MobileMe?

* You are chatting with Josh P, a MobileMe Support Representative
* Hi, my name is Josh P. Welcome to Apple!

Dobbin: hi Josh, I'm having problems logging in to MobileMe
Josh P: Hello Robin, I see you aren't able to log into MobileMe webmail.
Dobbin: I'm using Firefox on a windows PC. I can log into MObileMe and see my calendar, address book, but I can't get into webmail
Josh P: is it a blank page?
Dobbin: yes
Dobbin: i can see the logos at the top for mail, address book etc and the search field and the logout button, but nothing else
Dobbin: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Dobbin: ok
Josh P: ok, so when you click on the WebMail link, its just a blank page? This seems to be a very common issue that customers are facing lately. We are currently investigating this issue, and hope to be able to find a resolution for it soon.
Dobbin: Yes, its just a blank page. It wasn't working yesterday afternoon, and still isn't today. It's really annoying
Josh P: I am truly sorry about that Robin, we are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Dobbin: ok, I'll try again later. thanks.
Josh P: thank you for your patience and understanding.
Josh P: Thank you for chatting with us. We value your feedback. Please click the blue "Close" button at top left to answer a few questions about your experience with us today.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I wrote a blog on this stuff ... I have been with Apple on .Mac since day one, but this really annoys me and makes me glad I don't have 'mission critical' stuff there .... which then makes me wonder why I'm paying $100 a year ...

Maceddy

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2003
Australia / Indonesia
When when when

When is Apple going to do something about this?
I hope they get it fixed before the extended trial ends in November because I sure as hell aint paying $99 for something that don' work man.

I like MobileMe, great concept and great webapp when it works but that is becoming a scarce thing indeed.
When is Apple going to ay least publicise the fact that is is a disaster at the moment and make some sort of announcment about what they're doing about it.

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
Not working for me either.

Yesterday it worked fine. I tried to logout and login but the same problem happens.

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
And strangely, I can't access hotmail from the web either.

Edit: Its working for me again.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
do all of your email accounts sync from apple mail to mobilme? I have nothing in my mobileme email account and I want to sync all of my email accounts. this sucks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.