PDA

View Full Version : iMac Trayloader 333Mhz Processor Card + RAM Wanted

TiMacLover
May 28, 2002, 02:02 PM
I am looking for a G3 333mhz board to put to replace the 266 in my iMac, I am also looking for RAM chips that are 64-256Mbs, post or emial me a price, thanks!

timaclover@mac.com

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 02:24 PM
Check out what Sonnet (http://www.sonnettech.com/) has to offer to upgrade your processor. As for memory, go out and buy some... I would recommend against getting used memory, since you might not have a warranty on it, and you won't know if it is any good until you plug it into your computer.

TiMacLover
May 28, 2002, 02:41 PM
Sonnet is way too high, I always get used cause the price. I don't have enough money for a new G3 500 or 600 all I want for a few months is a 333 card and as far as memory if it dont work, I know where you live :P

AlphaTech
May 28, 2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by TiMacLover
Sonnet is way too high, I always get used cause the price. I don't have enough money for a new G3 500 or 600 all I want for a few months is a 333 card and as far as memory if it dont work, I know where you live :P

Why for a few months??? If you are going to dump the system soon, then don't waste your money, or site space with asking about upgrades. If you intend to keep the system for a year or more longer, then get the $300 upgrade (http://www.sonnettech.com/product/harmoni_g3.html) . It gives you MORE then just a processor upgrade BTW, it also adds FireWire to your rev a-d iMac. That will open up the doors to many more products to attach to your iMac.

As for buying used parts because they are less money... well, I don't sell used Mac parts, nor would I purchase them. Trying to get a used 333MHz brain for your iMac could prove to be either impossible, or more expensive then getting the product from Sonnet.

Oh, and if you think you know where I live, then you are deluded... :p I also hope you have your kevlar vest on if you come knocking at my door... :D

TiMacLover
May 28, 2002, 04:25 PM
Well money is scarice my iBook was stolen early this year so i am looking to buy an older one later this year, firmwire I don't need that is if u are rich enough to buy drives and such, for me 333 and 160 ram is good OS X was great on my iBook 300 with 160 ram, I will go for a G4 500 after I get my 333 but not that soon I am looking, right now I really just want RAM.