Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strategy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Ive checked out 2 unboxing picture posts and dont see the little clear stand that came with the first one. Anyone that has the new 2g touch, does it come with a stand?

Martog

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
I didn't catch on what that piece of plastic did when I got my iPod Touch last year and it has sat in the box all this time until I saw the thread.

The iPod Touch 2G does not come with the stand as I already have my hands on the new 2G Touch's. I have pulled the stand out and took the plastic wrapping off, it only works when you have the 2G flipped as if you were watching a video, having it stand up it will not fit in the stand and will just slip out of it.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
if it's such a cheap little thing, would someone be willing to give me theirs? :D

see, i was watching a movie outside and i lost the stand and it got run over by the lawn mower the next day..

i loved that thing, wish i still had it..!! so useful

BoabSmith

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2008
I have a Belkin Remix hard case for my 1g touch, fantasic, very robust and has a rotating stand/clip.

Would recommend it, hopefully it will come out for 2g also.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
As stated here a few times, Nope no stand on the 2g.

I kept my stand from my 1G (just sold it to a friend), and it works well with the 2g.

Not robust, and requires a stable surface, but it is quite handy for watching videos from my desk at work. I guess the only good feature about the stand is the tiny size, and portability as compared to some aftermarket options.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
Found Mine

I kept the stand but i didnt know it was a stand i thought it was a cover for the usb cable. man wish i knew this over the summer would have been great for the pool and beach

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.