Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onesixeight

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Slider Case for iPhone 3G : Incase Product

Griffin Technology: Nu Form

I'm interested in both of these mainly because of the minimalistic factor and heard good things. If you have one or tried one out let me know your thoughts. Or if you have another brand that fits the slim and simple factor.

I've had both... The incase is thicker and feels like a more sturdy product. But the case makes the phone quite a bit thicker and adds a few oz to the package.

But if you're looking for something thinner and with some graphics on the back, the nu-form might be your pick.

kheovnien

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
UCI
if u read the reviews the incase slider in matte black is peeling/corroding on a lot of people. just an fyi.

b00st3d

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
New Orleans
i have both. the nu form is as someone mentioned a tiny bit bulkier. it does come with a screen protector though which is cool. i have the incase slider on now and the rubber coating hasnt shown any wear yet, but ive only had it for about 2-3 weeks now. they both do a good job of protecting the iphone.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
i have both. the nu form is as someone mentioned a tiny bit bulkier. it does come with a screen protector though which is cool. i have the incase slider on now and the rubber coating hasnt shown any wear yet, but ive only had it for about 2-3 weeks now. they both do a good job of protecting the iphone.

Which one do you think would do a better job from protecting against a drop?

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
Slider Case for iPhone 3G : Incase Product

Griffin Technology: Nu Form

I'm interested in both of these mainly because of the minimalistic factor and heard good things. If you have one or tried one out let me know your thoughts. Or if you have another brand that fits the slim and simple factor.

My 1 month old Griffin case has split, not due to dropping, but due to the pressure of the phone inside. It fit very snugly, and developed stress cracks almost immediately. I contacted Griffin twice about it, and have yet to get a response. I carry the thing in my shirt pocket, and the phone sits in a cradle most of the day, so it's not from use or abuse. At this point, I'd recommend not to buy the Nu Form case.

-B

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Which one do you think would do a better job from protecting against a drop?

I've had both, and honestly, I think they'd protect about equally. They are essentially the same case, but the Incase fits slightly better and is just a tad nicer overall IMO.

My Nu Form cracked slightly after a 4ft drop onto some tile but protected the phone perfectly. The Incase would probably do the same.

Oh, and the screen protector that comes with the Nu Form is a ridiculously cheesy looking joke, so don't let that be a deciding factor. Get the Incase.

b00st3d

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
New Orleans
i think they both would protect the iphone the same, but as i said, i am currently using the incase because it is slightly less bulky. It is also easier to get the bottom piece off to dock than the griffin was. on the griffin one, if i try to take the bottom piece off to dock, the top part would come off instead!

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
I've had the Nu Form for a little over a month and have no complaints. It's small and offers good protection. I don't know if the case would survive a large fall, but I'm pretty sure the phone would be protected (as long as it doesn't land screen-first of course).

I very briefly had the Slider, but returned it because the matte finish was peeling. I really liked it though. I think it fits/looks better than the Nu Form, and it seems a bit more rugged too. It's a shame about the finish because it's a great case otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.