Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
v1.3 shows up here as available, but when I chose it it comes up with v1.2 and that its already installed :confused:
Darnit.. maybe it will sort itself out later..

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
Honestly, this is the best IM app so far
unless you live in a country where AIM is barely used - like the UK where MSN is used
microsoft can't make a decent MSN app on the mac, let alone even bother for the iphone, so we have to use the quite crappy palringo or the terrible (are the servers at their end fixed now?), expensive thing that is mobilechat

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
unless you live in a country where AIM is barely used - like the UK where MSN is used

Utter rubbish. Just because you and your clutch of chums happen to use msn, that doesn't automatically make it more popular here in the UK.

Back on topic.. I still can't seem to get my mits on v1.3

robertatwb

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
Los Angeles
Weird - I just looked at the app store on iTunes (US) and my phone and AIM v1.3 is available on both, then checked iTunes (UK) and noted you are, indeed, still stuck with v1.2. Maybe it will be updated later?

arubinst

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
Utter rubbish. Just because you and your clutch of chums happen to use msn, that doesn't automatically make it more popular here in the UK.

Back on topic.. I still can't seem to get my mits on v1.3
Wow! That was not a very friendly reply...

I concur with the fact that AIM is not exactly the most popular network. My relatives and friends live in several different countries in Europe, North Central and South America, and they all happen to use MSN

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Wow! That was not a very friendly reply...

Sorry, next time I want to inform someone they are talking out of their backside, I'll include a bunch of flowers and a puppy in the post.

I don't know what it is about AIM, but it attracts a lot of Msn users that complain about it. If you use msn, that's just great! Really.. But why they try to mark their territory in the Aim posts is beyond me. I don't see Aim fans doing it in Msn related topics.

Take a look at the Aim reviews on the app store. It's rediculous..

DMoney0023

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
whats the difference between the Free AIM app and the one you have to pay for besides the price?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.