PDA

View Full Version : I redid my site thanks to your suggestions (check it out!)

brianellisrules
Jan 19, 2004, 01:00 AM
I took a bunch of the suggestions from here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55166) and applied them to my page. I added some date separation to make the site easier to read... I added a few backgrounds (thanks to Rower's suggestion) and I took mnkeybsness's suggestion and changed up the "the real reason why we're here" link at the top of my page.

So, if you could check it out and let me know what you think and if you have any other or new comments, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!

www.brianellisrules.com

(The main thing I notice right away is that the randomly changing backgrounds can be distracting, but I don't know how else to make them random (yet not change on every page load). I'm not that advanced.)

Rower_CPU
Jan 19, 2004, 02:01 AM
Very nice. The presence of the towel shirt shot is duly noted. :)

Kwyjibo
Jan 19, 2004, 09:51 AM
Thats not a towel shirt!

One of my friends had a shirt in that same material that was white, terricloth towel style. The shirt was brand new too, so it was pure white. The first day he wore it last year, I got 7 random people to ask him various questions like
"How did you make gym towels into a shirt?" and
"Can you polish my car after school?"

hehe, but he still loves that shirt

site looks much metter nice work.

brianellisrules
Jan 19, 2004, 01:27 PM
It is a towelshirt! It's just orange instead of white. It's pretty ridiculous though... it takes 2x as long to dry as 'normal' shirts.

Thanks for the comments though. Anyone else?

mangoman
Jan 19, 2004, 10:34 PM
Your site actually cracked me up. Thanks for the laughs, man.

Best,

mangoman
Stuck in Half-Baked Custom Site -- but it IS moving over to MediaTemple.net. WOOT.

michaelrjohnson
Jan 23, 2004, 08:59 PM
honestly, i love it!

great work. simple, and very funny!