PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Frozen, Will not boot up after Deleting all of the data...

rmpagejr
Sep 12, 2008, 08:56 PM
I am selling my iphone and decided to erase all of the data/contacts etc... It took about an hour and when it went to reboot it doesnt to anything, it is just the apple logo and a circle of lines going round and round. Sometimes the lines stop, sometimes it is going. I have tried to reset it with the lock/home button hold but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

thesaad
Dec 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
I am having the exact same problem.

How did you fix it?

neesh0
Dec 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
That happens when you erase all data and settings on an unlocked/ jail broken iphone, all you have to do is restore to regular apple software and redo the erase all settings without jailbreaking the phone.

aliathar
Jan 7, 2009, 04:13 PM
I have a jailbroken 3G that I "Erase data and all settings".. and now it won't start. It goes to that apple screen before startup and just stays there, reboots itself and stays. I've tried connecting it to iTunes, but the computer doesn't recognize the phone. :(

jefette
Jan 19, 2009, 05:14 PM
I have a jailbroken 3G that I "Erase data and all settings".. and now it won't start. It goes to that apple screen before startup and just stays there, reboots itself and stays. I've tried connecting it to iTunes, but the computer doesn't recognize the phone. :(

Follow the below steps and you are all set no worries:
1- shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
2- connect the usb cable to the pc but NOT to the iphone"
3- open itunes
4- while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone
5- do not remove your finger from the home button
6- itunes will detect it and you can now restore it
7- finally you need to jailbreak it again..follow the web instructions

Good luck

VorteX1984
Jan 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks a lot for these steps but i requires some further clarifications.

Should i go ahead and restore the phone if the phone is Unlocked (Sim usage allowed) -- I have a Iphone 3g with 2.0 Firmware on it.

Thanks!

mowux
Mar 13, 2009, 09:23 PM
1- shutdown your iphone with the hard reset "home button and power for 10 second"
3- open itunes
4- while the iphone is off, press the home button for 5-10 seconds then plus the other end of the white connection cable into the iphone

Good luck

Thank you so much!! This worked!

Moi un Mouton
Mar 14, 2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks a lot for these steps but i requires some further clarifications.

Should i go ahead and restore the phone if the phone is Unlocked (Sim usage allowed) -- I have a Iphone 3g with 2.0 Firmware on it.

Thanks!

Yes, but you have to choose a firmware earlier than 2.2.1, unless it's a factory unlock.

Going to 2.2.0 is safe to do.

cms408
May 3, 2009, 05:09 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

After I followed these steps, my iphone showed "USB ===> Itunes" but also had "slide for emergency" the problem was that I cannot slide! its does not go anywhere! Is there anything else I can do?

jarjarblinks
May 3, 2009, 05:13 AM
After I followed these steps, my iphone showed "USB ===> Itunes" but also had "slide for emergency" the problem was that I cannot slide! its does not go anywhere! Is there anything else I can do?

You're lacking on the activation process.

Make sure the sim card you're using is from an official carrier.

despunjab
Jun 14, 2009, 09:51 AM
That happens when you erase all data and settings on an unlocked/ jail broken iphone, all you have to do is restore to regular apple software and redo the erase all settings without jailbreaking the phone.

Hi, My apple i phone 3g has frozen at the apple logi afer I erased all settings ans content from the General settings tab. Now it is stuk at the apple logo and circling lines keep coming and going abut its stuk there, doesn't even restart, tried home and power buttons together but no luck. Kindly help. I read your quote above, kindly provide me with steps how to get rid of this problem and restore my iphone.

I would be grateful.

despunjab
Jun 14, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hi, My apple i phone 3g has frozen at the apple logi afer I erased all settings ans content from the General settings tab. Now it is stuk at the apple logo and circling lines keep coming and going abut its stuk there, doesn't even restart, tried home and power buttons together but no luck. Kindly help. I read your quote above, kindly provide me with steps how to get rid of this problem and restore my iphone.

I would be grateful.

yoshaw
Jun 27, 2009, 12:25 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

OMG, Thank you!!

I literally had a heart attack once I did a reset on my friends iPhone2G today. It's been hours since it was stuck on the apple logo. I'd added my sim contacts onto his device for testing and wanted to delete them all. He'd given it to me to update to 3.0, then jailbreak 7 unlock it. Which i successfully did. But this, omg, this I had no clue would happen.

But thanks to you my dear internet forum friend. I'm here looking at a restored phone, workable and ready to be jailbroken/unlocked again. Woohoo!! You ROCK!

Flamenco
Aug 4, 2009, 10:43 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Man that thing scared the heck out of me!!!

you rock !!!! Now iTunes is downloading the new update and restoring the iPhone!!

swainclubber
Aug 7, 2009, 06:11 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

i have done this about 5 times now but every time i power off i always get the white apple..the phone works just fine beforehand and gets unlocked etc!!.is there any other way of maybe doing a deeper reset?many thanks in advance

212rikanmofo
Aug 18, 2009, 10:24 AM
This problem happened to me also on my jb iphone 3G running 3.0 firmware... sigh...

I tried resetting/erase all data and after that it wont boot up...

So can I restore it back to a jailbroken state using the firmware that the pwnage tool made for me? Or do I have to restore to the original 3.0 7A431 firmware and then jailbreak after that?

Also after I restore the firmware should I set up the phone as a new phone or use a previous backup. I have a lot of settings, msgs, phone pictures etc that I do not wanna lose! please help me get my phone back to the way it was.

bnchary
Aug 18, 2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by jefette
3- open itunes

To swainclubber and others who are still having this issue:
There is a minute change to the steps outlined by jefette. So follow these updated steps:

Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into iTunes screen on your phone
Click restore

This worked for my original unlocked iPhone (2g) and should work for all versions of iPhones. I just got my flashy 3GS so I'm selling my old 2G. After I reset the entire content of my 2G I came across this issue but thanks to the original poster of the following link it is resolved.

I found this solution from the following link:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2088600&tstart=30

Anyways thanks to jefette and the original poster of the above link.

jamshaidk
Aug 25, 2009, 04:03 AM
Hi
I have read all the post, glad the steps are working fine for others, but not for me. I have tried many times ... but no use.

I was using OS 3.0, updated at iPhone 2G, and working fine. I just want to reset everything on my iPhone so I did erase everything, by choosing Erase All Contents and Settings.

But process doesn't finished, my iPhone hanged during erase. After waiting for hours, I forced restart and now its stuck at book logo.

Now I had tried, the
Hard Reset:
1) Power iPhone on.
2) Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for about 7 seconds, or until the screen turns black.
3) Your iPhone should reboot. If it doesn't don't worry, just hold the Sleep/Wake button for about 2 seconds.

but I cant turn my iPhone OFF. Simply cant turn it off no matter how long I hold the power and home buttons. It stays at boot logo, and after few mints it blinks for a second and come back to boot logo and stays there, and keep doing that until battery runs off.

I will really appreciate if someone explain the process to get it detected by iTunes to restore my OS. Please note that I cant turn my iPhone off, so no hard reset. Please help.

Cheers,

Moi un Mouton
Aug 26, 2009, 05:45 AM
Can you get the phone into DFU mode?

Check out this demo of how to do that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

rac1979
Aug 27, 2009, 01:25 AM
Guys!

I also have the same problem!

The problem is, i formatted my PC. So i dont have the backup to restore the Iphone, will it still recover the device??

I cant try it now, im at work.....

Thanks alot!
(I just need the info!)

Moi un Mouton
Aug 27, 2009, 07:28 AM
You can still restore it once you have iTunes set up again.

MissValerie2003
Sep 6, 2009, 02:49 PM
It was restoring then i guess after it was about to finish it said iphone could not restore error 2002 or something like that what do i do plz heeelllppppp:confused:

The Californian
Sep 6, 2009, 05:56 PM
You can't restore from a backup if you delete the backups ... but you can restore it as a new iPhone.

minneola24
Sep 6, 2009, 08:46 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

You saved my day, thanks!

dukz
Oct 9, 2009, 12:05 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

at the 6 step my computer detects the iphone but itunes doesnot.....so m stuck.....what is the problem?? do i need the original carrier sim or wat??plz help....i would be very greatful...

nichtan1912
Dec 4, 2009, 09:09 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Hi.. I'm from Singapore and I was only able to use the phone by jail-breaking it. Would following the above steps lock my iphone?

Thanks!

radiofly
Dec 6, 2009, 11:12 AM
Okay i have the same problem with my jailbroken Iphone 3gs. It will not boot past the logo screen, just shuts down. So I did the hold the home button as I pluged it into my computer and that worked, except I do not have a backup of my Iphone, (redid my system before this happened and didn't get a chance to backup) So now what do I do? I just want to restore my Iphone!

JustanotherJack
Dec 26, 2009, 08:49 AM
3- open itunes

To swainclubber and others who are still having this issue:
There is a minute change to the steps outlined by jefette. So follow these updated steps:

Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into iTunes screen on your phone
Click restore

This worked for my original unlocked iPhone (2g) and should work for all versions of iPhones. I just got my flashy 3GS so I'm selling my old 2G. After I reset the entire content of my 2G I came across this issue but thanks to the original poster of the following link it is resolved.

I found this solution from the following link:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2088600&tstart=30

Anyways thanks to jefette and the original poster of the above link.

You're an absolute legend. Thanks so much!

EyeH8Apple
Feb 11, 2010, 12:52 AM
JEFETTE

merci
gracias
danke

thank you !

tonycicero
Apr 13, 2010, 08:07 AM
Wow most helpful info online.was going crazy 4 hours.all i wanted to do was start afresh with my iphone but there should be a gigantic warning that comes attached to that erase all settings feature - JUST DON'T DO IT! followed all instructions but when it came to restoring, it wanted to update to version 3.1.3 but i didn't want to spend hours downloadin the update as well as with all the problems attached to 3.1.3 i was reluctant.i just kept staring at itunes & voila it did some magical things & i was back on 3.1.2 no update needed. now i can just load all my old apps again.i'll never b that lazy again - will delete manually next time NO ERASE ALL for me! Thanks Jefette & others for the solution.now i can go back to doing some work.:):):)

remnant
May 10, 2010, 11:30 PM
Thank you so much for that bit of info...I about pissed myself.

xenon
May 14, 2010, 02:05 AM
hi.. my iphone is now stuck with apple logo and circling lines keep coming and going and its been a while since it started happening after i erased all the setting and the content.
actually i neither connected it to the charger nor to the PC. And when i started to reset the phone it had only 33% charge. and after finishing the reset now it is dead...
i had it charged for two minutes and i opened it again and now it is stuck as i mentioned..
my home button is not working... so i cannot force it to shut down.... so can any one help?? please

ohsheeyo
Jun 20, 2010, 11:43 AM
HI! my iphone is stuck to, I was about to click restore, but fought against it.
Do you have any idea if all data will be lost? like pictures and stuff?

thanks!

Vx1shotchaos
Jul 19, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hey i have and 8gb iphone 3g and i master restored it and i got that problem and i dont have my backup on itunes. i Know that i can still restore it but i was wondering what firmware would it restore it to would it be the new 4.0 because if its that one i would have to wait for a new jailbreak to come out to jailbreak my iphone again right? :(

Iphoneforever
Aug 5, 2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much!! This worked!

elnekis
Aug 17, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I will try to drain the battery out and press the home button, connect to the computer and try to put it in restore mode when it automatically turns on.

Hi
I have read all the post, glad the steps are working fine for others, but not for me. I have tried many times ... but no use.

I was using OS 3.0, updated at iPhone 2G, and working fine. I just want to reset everything on my iPhone so I did erase everything, by choosing Erase All Contents and Settings.

But process doesn't finished, my iPhone hanged during erase. After waiting for hours, I forced restart and now its stuck at book logo.

Now I had tried, the
Hard Reset:
1) Power iPhone on.
2) Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for about 7 seconds, or until the screen turns black.
3) Your iPhone should reboot. If it doesn't don't worry, just hold the Sleep/Wake button for about 2 seconds.

but I cant turn my iPhone OFF. Simply cant turn it off no matter how long I hold the power and home buttons. It stays at boot logo, and after few mints it blinks for a second and come back to boot logo and stays there, and keep doing that until battery runs off.

I will really appreciate if someone explain the process to get it detected by iTunes to restore my OS. Please note that I cant turn my iPhone off, so no hard reset. Please help.

Cheers,

Similicious105
Aug 26, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ok, so I had this problem too!!
But I followed those instructions too, and they worked, BUT when you click restore, it says that you have to update it, so it will restore. It does not give you an option to simply restore. But the update will not work. I do not care about it not jailbreaking, I just want my phone to work. -.-
Can anyone help me fix this?
I did all of the 'instructions' and it picked up my phone again in itunes after i did the hard reset,
but those instructions say you can restore it and jailbreak it again. That means you had to be able to restore without updating it since that is all the update is, it breaks the jailbreaks. So how did you restore without updating?
I have no idea why, but my computer WILL NOT update it for me, it just always says it timed out the network connection or something.
Can anyone help with this part? Its driving me crazy. :confused::confused:

Compile 'em all
Aug 26, 2010, 08:49 AM
But I followed those instructions too, and they worked, BUT when you click restore, it says that you have to update it, so it will restore. It does not give you an option to simply restore. But the update will not work. I do not care about it not jailbreaking, I just want my phone to work. -.-
I did all of the 'instructions' and it picked up my phone again in itunes after i did the hard reset,
but those instructions say you can restore it and jailbreak it again. That means you had to be able to restore without updating it since that is all the update is, it breaks the jailbreaks. So how did you restore without updating?
I have no idea why, but my computer WILL NOT update it for me, it just always says it timed out the network connection or something.

Download the 4.0.1 ipsw from Apple. Then option+click the restore button. It will bring up the file browser. Then select the ipsw you downloaded.

Similicious105
Aug 26, 2010, 08:56 AM
Download the 4.0.1 ipsw from Apple. Then option+click the restore button. It will bring up the file browser. Then select the ipsw you downloaded.

This likely sounds stupid, but I am still learning my way around everything so, what is ipsw ?

vikas1985
Sep 6, 2010, 06:22 AM
I having similar problem of my iphone 3G got stuck at apple logo screen. Here are the steps what I performed before my phone got stuck.

1. From the general settings-> Reset-> Erase all data contents and settings.
2. It gave me message that it will take an hour to do that.

I kept waiting and at last i saw apple logo screen that shows me hourglass moving and then it get stuck there nothing happens afterwards. After that I have noticed that the iphone automatically restarts and again get stuck on the logo screen and this continues until the battery ran outs. Holding the home button or power button doesnt make any difference. :( :(

Please help... :(

Forgot to add my iphone is 3G 8GB. I dnt know what else info I should provide please let me know.

lathode
Sep 7, 2010, 03:44 PM
I just had the same issue, jefette's steps worked perfectly, and then I downloaded 4.0.1 from Apple directly. Here's the page I got the download link from. http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.0.1-for-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-3g-firmware/

lathode
Sep 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
I just had the same issue, jefette's steps worked perfectly, and then I downloaded 4.0.1 from Apple directly. Here's the page I got the download link from. http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.0.1-for-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-3g-firmware/

edit: had to do this to http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-1004-1015-error-and-restore-iphone-4-3gs-successfully-on-ios-4.0.1-how-to-guide/

Dalton1822
Sep 11, 2010, 12:36 PM
My iPhone 3Gs was also stuck on the rebooting logo with the loading wheel. I finally got it into recovery mode but now when i try to restore it, the restore status bar loads a little bit more than half way and then just stops, i have tried to restore many times and it just does the same thing. please help, Thanks.

Maortiz10
Sep 11, 2010, 06:08 PM
I have my iPhone 3GS on sale on eBay , with 3.1.3 jailbroken, I did the erase all feature not know it would stuck my phone on the logo screen . I tried to do the restore but it tells me I have to update to 4.1, oh boy , I can't do that because I am selling it as 3.1.3 jailbroken. Wow,I'm **********d.
Can somebody put q link of the steps of the easiest way to restoring it to 3.1.3 or 4.0.1 , where can use either spirit JB or Jailbreakme.com?

Please I need help, I already downloaded the 3.1.3 firmware and the 4.0.1 firmware. Now I need the steps to update to either one. By the way my auction ends tonight. So that means I'll have to do it before Monday, so I can ship it , jailbroken. That would suck to send it with 4.1 when the auction says 3.1.3 JB. I will try any steps when I get back home tonight. Thanks .

geodam89
Oct 12, 2010, 08:49 PM

Im having EXACTLY the same problem. pls pls help i was going to sell it tomorrow:( so i tried to erase my contacts. pls i need help immediately...:(

rblows
Oct 14, 2010, 09:57 PM
Thank you for this post. It saved my a$$. I thought I'd bricked my phone.

Rigz..

DrFillster
Nov 17, 2010, 02:36 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Really saved me a lot of work. Thanks!!!!!!!

alanlim1994
Nov 22, 2010, 02:41 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Thanks man now my iPhone 4 really works.

jennifer7372
Dec 5, 2010, 07:23 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck
Stuck on apple logo with the dial... 10 hours and counting!!! (I was trying to restore my wifi that greyed out...)

I tried this and it worked however, itunes will not let me restore without the software update! My iphone (3gs/16gb 3.0) is jailbroken and unlocked (redsnow/Cydia). I am afraid if I upgrade to 4.2.1 it will brick my phone and I will not be able to use it (thru tmobile). Is this true? Will it brick my iphone? Is there a way to restore without the software update? :apple::(

josemedina
Dec 6, 2010, 12:08 PM
my iphone 3GS is unlocked and jailbroken at 4.0.1
i did a reset all settings
i also did a recovery on my computer so all my iphone packages are gone
now after i reset its stuck on the apple logog it loads then turns off and repeats the process

now i placed my device in DFU mode and it says my iphone needs to be updated to be restored and the update is 4.0.2 which ive read kills jailbreaks

what should my next step be please help???
also will i be able to unlock it if i can restore it and jailbreak it again?

johninho
Dec 11, 2010, 06:44 AM
My iPhone 3Gs was also stuck on the rebooting logo with the loading wheel. I finally got it into recovery mode but now when i try to restore it, the restore status bar loads a little bit more than half way and then just stops, i have tried to restore many times and it just does the same thing. please help, Thanks.

iPhone 3G

I seem to have the same issue as Dalton1822 and cms408 above. No matter what resets (hard/soft), button combinations and restores... I can't get the phone back working. the closest I get is sometimes it gets to the "iTunes plug in" screen, but it freezes and won't respond. Does anyone have any other advice on how to fix or is it completely bricked? previously before the first restore, it did sometimes get to the first screen after reboot with "slide to unlock" but again, it would immediately freeze. When connected to iTunes, it would be detected and I could download the photos and try and sync/backup, but it would not ever complete as the phone would restart and the process would be interrupted, then I would have the apple logo and the spinning progress indicator for quite sometime.... and then it could go to just a white screen until I restart again with the power and home button.

Any help would be appreciated.

apojim
Dec 12, 2010, 08:10 PM
I have a 3G jailbroken which I gave to my daughter.

My daughter pressed the reset settings on General Settings. the following happened:

1) the apple appeared and the rotating wheel would not stop.
2) She managed to make it stop by pressing pressing the on-off button and home and she plugged it to itunes
3) She then pressed restore.
4) after a few minutes, the iphone icon disappeared from itunes so she pulled it out.
5) Now all I have is the rotating wheel on the apple icon.

I have tried pressing the on-off and home buttons together many times but it won't progress or even shut down. When I leave it alone, it shuts down automatically but ONLY FOR A SECOND and then goes back to the same thing.

It does this every 9 or 10 minutes. Please help. I am not a great techie so please be patient when giving instructions. I would appreciate any help.

What can be done? Thanks.

Apojim

PS> I have downloaded Tiny Umbrella but before I use it, I want to hear from anyone knowledgeable.

rastanath
Dec 17, 2010, 02:30 PM
what if im not able to restore because i installed the ipad firmware??
am i completly screwed or I just have to wait for the latest version of os to come out?

dobiegillis
Dec 23, 2010, 01:12 PM
OK I'm having similar issues. Here's the history. I have an iphone 4 that was running jailbroken 4.0.1 just fine. I want to sell it so I (stupidly) pressed the erase all settings and content. The phone went to the apple logo and pretty much stayed there for a couple of hours. I figured things were screwed up so I managed to put it into DFU mode and did a shift+restore and found the 4.0.1 software and reinstalled it. It ran for a while and said it completed but I couldn't get it to boot. I tried downloading tinyumbrella and recboot but they wouldn't recognize the phone or kick it out of DFU mode. Finally I managed to restart it but now the phone keeps getting stuck with the apple logo and I can't get the computer to recognize it AT ALL. I've tried every combination of holding power+home to get it into DFU again or even just to power it off and it won't do it--it will just shut down and restart again but get stuck at the apple logo. I can sometimes get to the regular restore screen where it says "connect to itunes" and I've tried multiple combinations of having the usb cable plugged into the phone and to the computer but the PC won't recognize it. I am running Windows XP and my Apple drivers are working fine because the PC and itunes can connect just fine to my 3GS, so I suspect the problem is with the iphone 4. Any suggestion as to how to get the computer to recognize this phone? At this point is just need it unbricked so I can sell it. I would like to retain the 4.0.1 software so I can still easily jailbreak but that's not a requirement. Thanks.

UPDATE: I'm not sure exactly how, but I managed to get it in dfu mode and iTunes recognized it. I tried a regular restore (to current version os) but got an unidentified error code from iTunes (maybe 1014?) which when I looked it up said my PC was blocking some port or access to gs.apple.com. So, I upgraded iTunes to the current version (I rarely update since I HATE iTunes and Apple's ~100mb patches) but this time I googled for a ios 4.0.1 and downloaded a new bundle with that version. The whole timevi never touched the phone which was still in dfu mode and being recognized by iTunes. I ran a shift+restore using the new 4.0.1 software I downloaded but got another unspecified error...however, suddenly the phone rebooted on it's own and came up running just fine! I checked and it had a clean install of 4.0.1 with no user data which was exactly what I wanted!! I quickly jailbroke it on jailbreakme.com and put it on craigslist. Met a guy the next day and made $660 CASH!! merry christmas to me!! Tragedy averted!!

iHateApple1
Dec 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
Never use erase data and sync, no matter the firmware you iDevice not work(the chance is 1 in 1875)

There is no real solution except a new iPhone, the dreaded Genius Bar in an apple store, or what I did repeatedly throw it at a wall, which somehow worked

xghettorockstar
Dec 25, 2010, 08:05 PM
My 2g is frozen on the pineapple logo. I am unable to turn the damn thing off!!! I have tried holding the home/power button and it still isnt working. I have tried just the power button and nothing! I have been without a phone for 2 days now and I cannot get it to work!! Please someone help, I am going back home tomorrow and it is a 3 hour drive and I need my phone just incase!!!! anyone have the same problem?????????

qosmio
Dec 28, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys

I'm having similar issues.

I have an iphone 3 G that was running jailbroken 4.2.1 just fine. The baseband had been changed to an ipad when it was broken using Redsno and cydia.

I wanted to sell it so I erased all settings and content, using RESET. The phone went to the apple logo and pretty much stayed there for many hours..

I figured things were not right so I managed to put it into DFU mode and did a shift+restore and tried to restore via itunes, it seemed to be working then I got error 1015 and message phone not restored.

I've tried every combination of holding power+home to get it into DFU again or even just to power it off and it won't do it.

it will just shut down and restart again but get stuck at the apple logo. I can get to the regular restore screen where it says "connect to itunes". I then try the restore using itunes then get error 1015.

Also it will not slide to power off, when you do the power off using the buttons it just comes back on again.

I have tried all the options listed previously in the thread and none have worked.

I have thought about jail break again but as it will not stay off, it wont work.

I am running out of things to try and really need some help.

If any body can offer a solution or step in the direction that would be great.

Thanks
:)

dobiegillis
Dec 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys

I have an iphone 3 G that was running jailbroken 4.2.1 just fine. The baseband had been changed to an ipad when it was broken using Redsno and cydia.

I wanted to sell it so I erased all settings and content, using RESET. The phone went to the apple logo and pretty much stayed there for many hours..

I figured things were not right so I managed to put it into DFU mode and did a shift+restore and tried to restore via itunes, it seemed to be working then I got error 1015 and message phone not restored.

I've tried every combination of holding power+home to get it into DFU again or even just to power it off and it won't do it.

it will just shut down and restart again but get stuck at the apple logo. I can get to the regular restore screen where it says "connect to itunes". I then try the restore using itunes then get error 1015.

Also it will not slide to power off, when you do the power off using the buttons it just comes back on again.

I have tried all the options listed previously in the thread and none have worked.

I have thought about jail break again but as it will not stay off, it wont work.

Thanks

Your situation sounds very similar to the one I just went through. I could not get the thing to go back into DFU mode but just kept trying and finally it did. I got those two errors but once the phone booted up with a clean install I never bothered hooking it up to the PC again and sold it the next day.

Does your computer recognize it at all?

kaaytt
Jan 5, 2011, 10:28 PM
so i have the same problem i went to sell it so i erased everything and it just wont start up after the apple logo.
plus i did all the steps mentioned in the other replies and as soon as itunes is "processing file" after restoring, i get an error message saying my network connection has timed out,
I REALLY NEED HELP
im supposed to be selling this phone monday
if anyone could help that would be AMAZING
thank youuuuuuuu!

Flavius111
Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 AM
Your situation sounds very similar to the one I just went through. I could not get the thing to go back into DFU mode but just kept trying and finally it did. I got those two errors but once the phone booted up with a clean install I never bothered hooking it up to the PC again and sold it the next day.

Does your computer recognize it at all?

Hi Guys i have the same problem with my 3GS, yesterday i just try again and i just start IT !!! but i have on the screen the same icon like iTunes with Cable and the Emergency slide, i just unplug it from PC holding down home+power 10 -12 sec and left the power keep holding the home for 10 sec than you will get the emergency slide but luck out !!! you must to have the original SIM that you receive with your iPhone than you can try connect and you will see you iPhone connected and recognize your SIM. Than you can try to hold Shift + click on Restore button restore a custom firmware it should work Good lock i will try today at home to and i will let you know. Or if you have another solution please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Flavius

Flavius111
Jan 12, 2011, 12:57 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks

Hi Guys i have the same problem with my 3GS, yesterday i just try again and i just start IT !!! but i have on the screen the same icon like iTunes with Cable and the Emergency slide, i just unplug it from PC holding down home+power 10 -12 sec and left the power keep holding the home for 10 sec than you will get the emergency slide but luck out !!! you must to have the original SIM that you receive with your iPhone than you can try connect and you will see you iPhone connected and recognize your SIM. Than you can try to hold Shift + click on Restore button restore a custom firmware it should work Good lock i will try today at home to and i will let you know. Or if you have another solution please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Flavius

DarkCloudVapor
Feb 11, 2011, 01:14 AM
Solution?

Flavius111
Feb 11, 2011, 01:19 AM
The Solution is ready, i will prepare a video on Sunday and i will post it here.

Solution?

Flavius111
Feb 13, 2011, 03:13 PM
The Solution is ready, i will prepare a video on Sunday and i will post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ern7iLjFIgs

simoestcc
Feb 19, 2011, 04:00 AM
My iPhone 1st gen, will not boot and the screen keeps flashing wile is charging. I have tested it connected to iMac, and connected to wall mains, but issue persists.
I have tested the reset with power and home button, but nothing again.

Does it need a new battery or a new charging cable?
Help

Here is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_T--0EcDpY

mrkdb415
Feb 23, 2011, 04:10 AM
I am also facing the similar problem -
I clicked on 'Erase and reset data' on my jailbroken iPhone 2G (3.1.2OS) and now it shows red battery charging logo when I connect iPhoent o PC. Afterr 2 mins apple logo appears and then it shuts down. iTune not able to recognize it after pressing all combination of Home/Power buttons. PC says 'USB not recognized/malfunctioned'. On pressing Home button for soemtimes, 'connect to iTune' image appears with no slider option. But iTunes doesn't show iPhone.

My friend's iPhone2G works well on his PC. When I connected my iPhone to that PC, it again gave warning 'USB not recognised'. By now, I have tried all possible solutions from internet but in vain :(

Does anyone faced and solved similar problem?

-aggie-
Feb 23, 2011, 05:46 AM
I am also facing the similar problem -
I clicked on 'Erase and reset data' on my jailbroken iPhone 2G (3.1.2OS) and now it shows red battery charging logo when I connect iPhoent o PC. Afterr 2 mins apple logo appears and then it shuts down. iTune not able to recognize it after pressing all combination of Home/Power buttons. PC says 'USB not recognized/malfunctioned'. On pressing Home button for soemtimes, 'connect to iTune' image appears with no slider option. But iTunes doesn't show iPhone.

My friend's iPhone2G works well on his PC. When I connected my iPhone to that PC, it again gave warning 'USB not recognised'. By now, I have tried all possible solutions from internet but in vain :(

Does anyone faced and solved similar problem?

Hold the home button and connect it to USB with iTunes already open. Restore. Otherwise, you need to restore in DFU mode.

nysham
Sep 27, 2011, 04:14 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Thank you very very very much! It works!

singhjsm92
Sep 30, 2011, 06:06 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Thankss for shearing this but now i am try to restore again the itunes give me error "1015" so plzz help me out..

macingman
Sep 30, 2011, 06:09 AM
Thankss for shearing this but now i am try to restore again the itunes give me error "1015" so plzz help me out..

Check your hosts file....

Av8r
Oct 1, 2011, 03:28 AM
3- open itunes

Good luck

I am having the same issue as the rest with my 3gs but when I go to finish the restore it comes up with this..

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz320/kwfrantz/iPhonefail.png

I have no clue where to go from here, any help would be very much appreciated as I have already sold the phone and was supposed to ship it out in the morning. thanks!

jayrodathome
Oct 27, 2011, 06:49 PM
3- open itunes

Good luck

Thanks man. Worked perfect.

aurangzebali786
Oct 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
I am selling my iphone and decided to erase all of the data/contacts etc... It took about an hour and when it went to reboot it doesnt to anything, it is just the apple logo and a circle of lines going round and round. Sometimes the lines stop, sometimes it is going. I have tried to reset it with the lock/home button hold but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

i have iphone 8GB i erase all phone sating nd now its asking conect to itunes nd itunes dont want to read the phone but its charging my lab top 2GB ram ddr2 nd 220 hard drive plz can u send me slution my email is gujjjar13@yahoo.com

AyoNatuhlee
Oct 30, 2011, 10:55 AM
I have the same problem! But mine is a unlocked & jailbroken iphone 4. Im afraid if i restore it & update it, my unlock wont be there anymore & il have the latest software version. Can anyone please help ? !

amitmishra
May 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
I am selling my iphone and decided to erase all of the data/contacts etc... It took about an hour and when it went to reboot it doesnt to anything, it is just the apple logo and a circle of lines going round and round. Sometimes the lines stop, sometimes it is going. I have tried to reset it with the lock/home button hold but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks so much

Shadicon
Sep 23, 2012, 04:23 PM
follow the below steps and you are all set no worries:
2- connect the usb cable to the pc but not to the iphone"
3- open itunes

good luck

thank you, god damn, thank you!

strikingviking
Oct 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
I finally got it to restore but now since I already cut down my Mexican SIM card to fit my 4G I have no SIM to activate. All my iphone says it is capable of emergency calls only and iTunes says to insert a SIM card to go further. Any suggestions?
Thanks again

Shawana
Nov 23, 2012, 01:18 AM
hi.. i was listening songs on my i phone 3g and suddenly it froze and wont work.. i have tried pressing the home button and sleep/wake button but it wont work. a blank black screen is visible.. what should i do.. please help..

MrTomsTales
Feb 15, 2013, 03:42 PM
So I know it's kinda late, but....
I'm selling my old jailbroken iPhone 3GS, so I decided to erase all the data. It went to the apple loading screen and stayed like that for hours. It ran out of charge when I had to use the plug for something else. Now, whenever I try to do anything with it, it swaps between the loading and charging screen, and I can't really do anything with it. Any help?

blueroom
Feb 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
Do a DFU restore.

MrTomsTales
Feb 15, 2013, 03:53 PM
Do a DFU restore.

It sounds stupid, but I don't really know how?

blueroom
Feb 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
http://iphonefreakz.com/beginners-guide/howto-dfu-mode/