Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Well, I just came back from the Apple Store with a new iPod touch! It's great! It's just like the old one, except with a slightly contoured body and a chrome bezel instead of a plastic one (much nicer). It feels great in the hand, and it's so THIN! In my pics, you'll see it compared to the iPhone. It's also really light! The volume buttons feel kind of weird, harder to press, but I think they just need to be worn in. I also tried the Nike+, it works great! Pics time!(Click for bigger size):

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions about the iPod.

tonyshucraft

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
what happens with the iphone and the ipod touch mate?

Anyways, one would expect the ipod touch to be thinner. Wouldn't that be only logical?

What version)amount of memory) did you get?

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
what happens with the iphone and the ipod touch mate?

Anyways, one would expect the ipod touch to be thinner. Wouldn't that be only logical?

What version)amount of memory) did you get?

Magical things happen. :)

Yeah, I guess it would. Surprised it was THAT thin, though.

I got the 8GB. Cause I'm cheap.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Ahhh...sooo thin!

But I'm having trouble justifying....I'd have to get a 32Gb model, and even then, its tough...maybe I'll wait it out for 64Gb, who knows!

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Ahhh...sooo thin!

But I'm having trouble justifying....I'd have to get a 32Gb model, and even then, its tough...maybe I'll wait it out for 64Gb, who knows!

I only need the 8GB, even with all of my music and photos synced I still have 1GB free, which I'm saving for when I want to watch a movie.

jamaica14

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
well i'm going to buy an ipod tomorrow from target or best buy so how long do i need to charge the battery for before i can use it because i had the 30GB video when it came out and i only charged it till it said charged on the screen which technically only took like maybe 20 or thirty minutes and the battery life was sh**ty so how long should i charge the touch for thanks

tennis-menace

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Good

How does the speaker sound?

Surprisingly alright. They're pretty loud, but if it's docked, say, plugged into your computer, then it's quieter because the speakers are located inside the dock, very sneaky!

beach89

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2008
I just got my iPod touch this morning, I'm actually writing this on it. Because of the difference in time zones, it actually shipped at 12pm on sept 11 and arrived at 8am on sept 12. The speaker is surprisingly good, and perfect for apps and web browsing.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
How is it for calendar appts and alarms? Does the external speaker sound loud enough to remind you of an appt from your pants? Do you have choices of what type of alarm sound it rings out? Hopefully they added some good alarms instead of the last gen alarms, egh.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
well i'm going to buy an ipod tomorrow from target or best buy so how long do i need to charge the battery for before i can use it because i had the 30GB video when it came out and i only charged it till it said charged on the screen which technically only took like maybe 20 or thirty minutes and the battery life was sh**ty so how long should i charge the touch for thanks

I just charged it until it was done syncing, about 30 minutes. That's what I did with my iPhone, and the battery has been fine.

How does the speaker sound?

Not bad, a little muffled, but not bad. Not as high quality as the iPhone, but pretty good considering how small it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.