Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I went to see the progress being made on the SoHo Apple Store. It was looking pretty good and I asked one of the workers about the date it would be finished and was told the grand opening would be on July 15th.

That's right. Just in time for MWNY. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
That's going to be very cool. Is it going to be 2 stories high or only one. I don't think any of the Apple stores are more than one floor, but I haven't seen all of them, so I'm not sure.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
hey.. kinda off topic.. but how many apple stores have you guys seen?

ive seen the one at fashion valley (in san diego) and one at fashion island (in anneheim.. or i guess orange county?).

they both are very similar.. the one in san diego seems to have more people in there at once, and they seem to have more employees.. the apple one in sd is newer.. so thats probably why..

also.. how do the stores set up for new products? will they recieve the boxes for the new stuff before the keynote so they can have it out in time? i wonder if apple store employees know about new products before they are released... maybe thats how the xserve stuff was leeked? i know that they prolly wouldnt have xserve on display, but ill bet you could order one there..

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
AS for the floors, I couldnt see. there was a lot of stuff in the way.....

Apple stores DO NOT get stuff before expos. The reason is so they dont leak anything. Apple keeps the apple stores out of the loop. THEY FIND OUT ABOUT studd when we do. then they get them... unlike us :D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
that is quite sweet

teabgs. we should set up a routine where we go there daily and then eventually get inside stuff... discounts and inside info

oh whoops. i woke up

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
that is quite sweet

teabgs. we should set up a routine where we go there daily and then eventually get inside stuff... discounts and inside info

oh whoops. i woke up

hmm......maybe ;)

Originally posted by teabgs
AS for the floors, I couldnt see. there was a lot of stuff in the way.....

Apple stores DO NOT get stuff before expos. The reason is so they dont leak anything. Apple keeps the apple stores out of the loop. THEY FIND OUT ABOUT studd when we do. then they get them... unlike us :D

My uncle who lives a block from it says the space they are using is very tall and large! I am guessing a 3 story store.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Macmaniac

My uncle who lives a block from it says the space they are using is very tall and large! I am guessing a 3 story store.

Given the layout of the other stores, I'd be surprised to see that, but you never know. I could definitely see 2 floors, keep the Apple theater and genius bar upstairs so you have to walk through the store to get to it. Can't think what they'd put on a 3rd floor.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by verbose101
All I want is an Apple store in London, c'mon apple, pleeeeease :D

I join your chorus......

London badly needs one......... :(

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by dukestreet

Given the layout of the other stores, I'd be surprised to see that, but you never know. I could definitely see 2 floors, keep the Apple theater and genius bar upstairs so you have to walk through the store to get to it. Can't think what they'd put on a 3rd floor.

In Palo Alto the apple store has a bathroom and storage on the top floor.....

So I think that's what the top will have. Also, 3 floors is unlikely, because I do know how tall it is.....not that tall.

I just couldnt see high enough to see more then one floor (not even sure if there were more then one)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.