PDA

View Full Version : leopard performance on a powerbook 1 ghz machine

ansirone
Sep 13, 2008, 02:44 PM
is it worth installing on a powerbook g4? i just upgraded to 160 gb hd is wonder if i should do it?

would like to know how well it would run on this 1 ghz machine and use ps, illustrator and flash constantly.

thanks!

alphaod
Sep 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Well it might be pushing it; how much RAM do you have?

crazzyeddie
Sep 13, 2008, 02:47 PM
On my PB1ghz w/1GB of RAM, Leopard runs fine. Just don't expect miracles.

ansirone
Sep 13, 2008, 02:58 PM
On my PB1ghz w/1GB of RAM, Leopard runs fine. Just don't expect miracles.

i have 1.5 gb ram. as far as running the cs apps how well do think they run. i think thats more important for me in this situation.

Firefly2002
Sep 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't bother. I'd recommend Tiger 10.4.11 for anything Pre-G5. Even G5s will get the best performance out of Tiger.

stiphone
Sep 14, 2008, 01:53 AM
well, I just installed Leopard on my 12" PowerBook G4 with 1GB RAM, 867mhz and a 160GB 5400 Hard Disk. Leopard is running pretty well in my opinion but it's definitely slower than my MacBook Pro. I'm using it on a daily business for surfing, reading RSS, mail, edit documents and reading online magazines. It has lived up to my expectations so far.

I would not really suggest Photoshop and stuff like that which demands a lot from the system. Well, that's my experience and opinion. Try it out and see if it works for you.

ansirone
Sep 14, 2008, 06:24 PM
well, I just installed Leopard on my 12" PowerBook G4 with 1GB RAM, 867mhz and a 160GB 5400 Hard Disk. Leopard is running pretty well in my opinion but it's definitely slower than my MacBook Pro. I'm using it on a daily business for surfing, reading RSS, mail, edit documents and reading online magazines. It has lived up to my expectations so far.

I would not really suggest Photoshop and stuff like that which demands a lot from the system. Well, that's my experience and opinion. Try it out and see if it works for you.

ya i think i'm leaning more towards tiger again. as long as i can have itunes 8 and some of the cs apps running it'll be the best of both worlds. :D