Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBA-MD

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2008
Ok, I was having a lot of major problems with core shutdowns, overheating, running Windows etc, etc.

I decided to sell the Air because of frustrations but I decided to give it oe more shot. As of yesterday I did a full system restore, from scratch, updated the Air to all the patches available from Apple, installed a fresh copy of Coolbook and also installed a copy of TinyXP via VMware Fusion.

I have only used it for a few hours but so far the temperature has not jumped over 70 degrees celcius, even with running One Note and Windows media player at double speed inside VMware. I got the email running and the internet. I have not attempted to watch movies yet.

So far I am impressed but will see what happens in the next few days.
What is the general consensus with using TinyXP. I only need it for video streaming and One note. I am really hoping this does the trick.

Thanks.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I was using something similar when i had my eeePC, i used nlited version of XP to remove all the junk that i don't need.

it should work for you great, Don't forget to install vmware tools to get fusion driver support

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.