Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
For some reason some of my music doesn't carry over it's album artwork onto my 2g iPod Touch. Anyone else having this problem?

It did it for "Parachutes" for me.... the Coldplay album. I can't seem to get the artwork to carry over.

iTouch1987

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
1. it's probably an unsupported file format

2. if you have an iTunes account, just right click all your music, and "Get Album Cover" or something like that. it might not get all of them, but it does the job. if all else fails...

3. google the image and "Get Info"...Album Cover.

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Sorry. What I meant was that the album artwork IS there in iTunes, but doesn't carry over on my touch.

LukkiStar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
I'm having the same problem with my iPod touch...I have to copy and paste it individually for EACH SONG. And it's getting really annoying. But even when I do copy and paste it for an album, it doesn't go on my iPod.

njguyfla

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
About half of the songs in my library have the artwork. It's weird how some obscure songs do and some popular ones don't.

iTouch1987

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
to jimmy and luki

try syncing your music to your ipod.

everytime you update your music (name/album cover/etc)...go to the Music Tab on your iPod and press the Sync button on the bottom right.

do that everytime you update something in your library.

Critical Hippo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
I had the same problem when I upgraded to the new iPod Touch. Half of my songs did not transfer the artwork. In many cases, it transferred the artwork so it showed the album cover on the Touch's cover flow menu but would still not show the artwork when playing a song. I don't know if this is happening because of iTunes 8 or firmware 2.1.1, but this isn't didn't happen before I got the new software and the 2nd-gen Touch.

Anyway, just refreshing the artwork on the affected albums and re-syncing was not enough to fix the problem. I had to refresh the artwork, uncheck the affected songs (I'm manually managing the music), sync the Touch so that it deleted the affected tracks on the device, and then resync. The artwork has shown up after that.

I'm just doing a few albums at a time so far. It is far too tedious to take care of the problem any other way.

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I'm not sure all (or any) of us are having the same problem.

Here's mine: I have the album "Parachutes" by Coldplay. Every song in this album shows artwork in my iTunes on my MacBook. When I sync to my iPod Touch, the album artwork is not present for the whole album or any of the individual songs.

I've tried removing and re-syncing, but it doesn't work.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Yep I've got that problem. A few of my albums' cover art didn't transfer over. Maybe if the first song on the album has it...

jmann

macrumors 604
A lot of the time if you add album artwork to an album as a whole, itunes only associates the artwork to the first song in the album, and so if you play the song indiviually on your ipod the art won't show unless you play that specific song. But what that cover scout program does that I mentioned is it goes through your entire library and brings up albums with artwork download from itunes, and albums that are incomplete i.e. the ones that only have artwork for the first song. The program will automatically fix your artwork and put a copy of it on every song so it will show when you play on your touch. The program isn't free but it is worth it in my opinion, and will help you greatly clean up problems with artwork.

bogart

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
podcasts artwork

well I get really wierd behaviour with respect to podcast artwork and I can't figure it out at all - sometimes the artwork is there (on the touch) and sometimes not. Sometimes I delete an episode, the artwork remains on the MBP but disappears on the touch. Sometimes in itunes I can look at the info for a podcast (not an episode) and there is an artwork tab, just like there is for an episode, and sometimes when i try to do that it asks me if I'm sure I want to edit info for multiple items (when only ONE is selected) and there is no artwork tab at all.

Baffled.

andy

bogart

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
A lot of the time if you add album artwork to an album as a whole, itunes only associates the artwork to the first song in the album, and so if you play the song indiviually on your ipod the art won't show unless you play that specific song. But what that cover scout program does that I mentioned is it goes through your entire library and brings up albums with artwork download from itunes, and albums that are incomplete i.e. the ones that only have artwork for the first song. The program will automatically fix your artwork and put a copy of it on every song so it will show when you play on your touch. The program isn't free but it is worth it in my opinion, and will help you greatly clean up problems with artwork.

Doesn't this use up lots of storage ? Or are the references to artwork on items links rather than copies ?

andy

mrpalmer420

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Here is my problem. In Cover flow the artwork is there. For example the Blue album from Weezer (which i bought from iTunes) shows the right artwork in coverflow on my touch but when i am holding the touch vertically the art from a Korn album will show up.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Here is my problem. In Cover flow the artwork is there. For example the Blue album from Weezer (which i bought from iTunes) shows the right artwork in coverflow on my touch but when i am holding the touch vertically the art from a Korn album will show up.

I have had this happen, though not on 2.1.. Do a restore of your iPod touch. I think the artwork database gets corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.