PDA

View Full Version : Happy B-Day Dr. Martin Luther King!

Supa_Fly
Jan 19, 2004, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to one of my hero's Dr. Matin Luther King Jr

Today is the B-day and I'm surprised at the lack of uprising my peeps have faired in the US or Worldwide. What I mean is the lack of investment dollars - income, wealth, growth in personal ventures. What I'm talking about is the lack of uprising in terms of self pride and dignity to uplift ourselves as a whole in terms of increasing our income, our education, and decency (not sure if thats spelt right, ashamed if it isn't). Not only on how we as a people treat each other, but how we treat others, respect ourselves and with a good work ethic and modest pride to demand that respect (if we could show and prove we deserve it) from others in our environment.

Not to give into just idle promises from a president whom just announces increases in education funds - because the timing is right for black history month. Yes Bush has been on this front early in his state of power but has completely ignored it since the Gulf War re-began until now.

To Moderators and all whom read this....I'm not trying to start a war or devide people in ANY way; just the opposite. I'm trying to highlight were we "Blacks" including myself lack and need to improve!!! And not let Dr. Kings work of life go in- vain!!!!

Remember not to improve upon yourself just for one month but continually, stand fast against voilence against ANYONE especially against your own people (namely in Los Angeles), spend your energies on improving your sense of worth, wealth, life, and love just as we do when it comes to music!

It seems we haven't gotten far at all in the last 46 years and it brings me to tears.

Peace & love to ALL on this Earth

Lyle
Jan 19, 2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Prom1
Not to give into just idle promises from a president whom just announces increases in education funds - because the timing is right for black history month. Yes Bush has been on this front early in his state of power but has completely ignored it since the Gulf War re-began until now.

To Moderators and all whom read this....I'm not trying to start a war or devide people in ANY way...And that's why you decided to throw in a jab at the president? Nice try.

wdlove
Jan 19, 2004, 03:47 PM
Happy B-Day Celebration to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He received his PhD here in Boston at Boston University. He spoke at the Church I attend on the Boston Common Park Street Church. I admire him for his Civil Rights Work, he believed in non violence. It is sad that his legacy of true Civil Rights didn't continue.

Supa_Fly
Jan 19, 2004, 09:22 PM
Attn: Lyle,

First off read my whole entire post without prejudice please, cause that's how it was meant to be posted. Now there are many legit jabs that I can take at President Bush, that the one you percieve I made would pale in comparison.

Now read your selected quote from my original post, and you'll see it wasn't meant to be a jab at President Bush. I was just stating a fact. Just like the todays newscast on CNBC which had more "Blacks" hosting news than any other day of the year, which I find again at the right time. They didn't need Blacks to host news topics on Blacks today, so what point is being made and why if any at all??

Sorry, but you read into my post all wrong, and I don't want to be misunderstood, we all have our opinions.

My post is actually more along the lines as a plea for people in general to better themselves to be more integrated into their financial "society". Although money isn't everything, and its a means to an end, unfortunately in some first world countries even your education doesn't prove anything. Its more along the lines of "who" you know, and how well networked, or shall I say "connected" you are for that high paying job.

How many interviews has anyone you know been ask to bring in their actual diploma, let alone refused a job for not having graduated? Not including executive, chairman, board member type positions, and not including family owned. Sure many jobs want to see your current GPA (Grade Point Average) from College/University, but not many that I've heard of, seen or directly applied for requested it, and this bothers me a lil'.

Lyle, if I offended you or your patriotism in any way, I'm sorry as it wasn't my intent, but if you did felt that way it would be nice to ask if that's what I intended.

Cheers and peace.