Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shweta13

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Hi,

I want to send a HTTP synchronous request.
I tried using sendSynchronousRequset of NSURLConnection but I am facing exceptions and leaks.

Can anyone please suggest me any way to send synchronous request??

Thanks,
Shweta

shweta13

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Post the code you are using, the exact exceptions and details of the leaks.

NSError** pError;
NSData* m_pRecData;
NSURL *pUrl = [NSURL URLWithString:mad:"http://www.apple.com"];
NSURLRequest* pRequest = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:pUrl cachePolicy:NSURLRequestUseProtocolCachePolicy timeoutInterval:60.0];
NSURLResponse* pResponse = [[NSURLResponse alloc] initWithURL:pUrl MIMEType:mad:"RFC 2822" expectedContentLength:100 textEncodingName:mad:"name"];
m_pRecData = [[NSURLConnection alloc] sendSynchronousRequest:pRequest returningResponse:&pResponse error:pError];

*** -[NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:returningResponse:error:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x407cc0
(gdb) continue
2008-09-15 16:09:55.413 myhttp[929:20b] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:returningResponse:error:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Please use the code BB tags as that's unreadable...

Edit: like this:

Code:
        NSError** pError;
	NSData* m_pRecData;
	NSURL *pUrl = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://www.apple.com"];
	NSURLRequest* pRequest = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:pUrl cachePolicy:NSURLRequestUseProtocolCachePolicy timeoutInterval:60.0];
	NSURLResponse* pResponse = [[NSURLResponse alloc] initWithURL:pUrl MIMEType:@"RFC 2822" expectedContentLength:100 textEncodingName:@"name"];
	m_pRecData = [[NSURLConnection alloc] sendSynchronousRequest:pRequest returningResponse:&pResponse error:pError];

Edit again your list like makes no sense whatsoever. You have allocated an instance of NSURLConnection but not initalised it. This will cause massive failures. You then send a class method to this instance. This will not work (which is why you get the unrecognized selector error). I think you need to look at the basic Cocoa documentation and understand the difference between a class and an instance method.

Your last like should read

Code:
m_pRecData = [NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:pRequest returningResponse:&pResponse error:pError];

shweta13

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Please use the code BB tags as that's unreadable...

Edit: like this:

Edit again your list like makes no sense whatsoever. You have allocated an instance of NSURLConnection but not initalised it. This will cause massive failures. You then send a class method to this instance. This will not work (which is why you get the unrecognized selector error). I think you need to look at the basic Cocoa documentation and understand the difference between a class and an instance method.

Your last like should read

Code:
m_pRecData = [NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:pRequest returningResponse:&pResponse error:pError];

Thanks a lot ...that was of great help...I now know where I went wrong..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.