Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
How much do you think I could get for a powerbook titanium. That still has applecare. Here are the specs strait from system profiler.

Hardware Overview:

Machine Model: PowerBook G4
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (11.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 500 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz

It is a normal cd dvd drive no burner.

Another thing do you think I will like the 12 pb. vs. the 15 in titanium. I was using a ibook clamshell with a small screen. I have only been using the pb for a month. My dad gave it to me for a bday present it was just sitting in his room. He also used it only for about 2 months. Also it is in good physical shape a small dent is on the top of the computer. Also a small thing on the bottom email me if you want a pic at danny_lehavi@hotmial.com

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I bet $450-600 would be more than reasonable for it, in fact, if you have any sort of software or something that could be added you could probably get even more.

idkew

macrumors 68020
first, it is illegal to sell software installed on a machine w/o the original install discs.

second, take a look on eBay, do a search for your exact powerbook, and then on the left side of the page, click the completed items. you will see what they have been selling for there. this is a pretty good way to see what something is worth on the open market.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I never suggested that he sell it without the discs. That'd be pretty poor salesmanship. I just meant that if he had programs that he didn't need or want that he could sell with it. When I get a new version of a certain program, the previous version's discs end up collecting dust on my desk or in my computer bag, so if that were the case with him, he could offer those with the sale to add some perceived value to the buyer when they look at what is being offered. Example: Just because there is a Photoshop 8.0 out doesn't mean that 7.0 is worthless. If you were to buy 8.0, I am sure there is someone out there who'd die to get their hands on a hand me down copy of 7.0. As far as I know, there is nothing illegal about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.