PDA

View Full Version : DAW/Sequencers for Mac!

rriparetti
Sep 16, 2008, 12:10 AM
Alright guys, I need a list or something so I can know what DAWs and sequencers are good for me.

Requirements? Has to be able to pencil stuff in.
And it has to have loads of synths and varieties like pads, plucked instruments, pianos, and bass (as well as good drum kits)

Garageband works. But for me, that is like the crappy version in my opinion. I cant get any further in what I want to do.

Anyways, can someone help me, from one mac-using trance producer to another (or just any producer?)

I switched from Windows around the summer, so I guess I am still kindof a newb at macs :P

Chairman Plow
Sep 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
Sounds like you want Logic 8.

mike1123
Sep 16, 2008, 02:01 PM
As a former Windows user, as well as Garageband user, I really recommend Logic Studio. The value for your money is incredible. Five hundred bucks gets you Logic 8, all 5 Jam Packs, and other applications like Mainstage and Soundtrack Pro. On Windows, or even with other Mac DAW's, you would pay multiple sums of what this costs to get anywhere close to what Logic Studio has, and Logic just works. With Logic 8, though, you get Ultrabeat, which has some really good drum presets, and there are TONS of loops and instruments at your disposal. If you've used Garageband, Logic 8 is really great because it's extremely powerful, but at the same time not very hard to pick up (I do recommend the Apple Training book though; it really helped me out. Good luck making your decision!

Trip.Tucker
Sep 16, 2008, 02:03 PM
I have to add my vote for Logic 8 as well. Superb piece of software. I have expanded it with Native Instruments Kontakt and Battery as well as some sound sets/instruments.