Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sailortena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I just got my new iPod Touch in the mail from Amazon. It's my first iPod since the Mini (which I still use a lot). My iMac is already updated to iTunes 8.

My questions:
Do I need to de-authorize the iPod Mini before syncing the new one? Or Can I still use both?

When connection the Touch will I run the risk of all my iTunes libraries being "reinitialized," ie, ERASED, since I am adding a new device?

I am really nervous about this ... I'm pretty good about trying to troubleshoot some stuff on the mac, but this just has me scratching my head. :confused:

Thanks for any help.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Also, you can sync the iTunes content to multiple iPods in the same or different ways.

Like if you want to sync only some of your music to your Mini, but for your Touch you want to sync all your music plus videos.

redsoxunixgeek

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2006
Salt Lake City YOOTah
My girlfriend and I do this - wer have 2 iPhones, 2 iPod Nanos, and a iPod Classic 160 and we sync all from the same library...

Its only when i hook her iPod upto my work laptop that it asks if i want to wipe the contents on the iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.