Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

say2paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I am very much confused and even Apple people are not responding for past 5 days.

I have iPhone 2.0, can you please let me know that I can develop application for iPhone 2.0 using 2.1 SDK ??

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
I am very much confused and even Apple people are not responding for past 5 days.

I have iPhone 2.0, can you please let me know that I can develop application for iPhone 2.0 using 2.1 SDK ??

Apple usually takes forever to respond. They're probably swamped.

You can build for both 2.0 and 2.1 with the 2.1 SDK, yes.

say2paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Apple usually takes forever to respond. They're probably swamped.

You can build for both 2.0 and 2.1 with the 2.1 SDK, yes.

Thanks bro,

But why apple have written that 2.1 SDK will work with only 2.1 version of iPhone?

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Thanks bro,

But why apple have written that 2.1 SDK will work with only 2.1 version of iPhone?

Because there are a couple of methods removed from the 2.1 SDK...and a whole lot more added. So if you use any of those changed methods, the methods might break the program like 2.1 did for a few of the applications (Last.fm, etc.).

say2paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Because there are a couple of methods removed from the 2.1 SDK...and a whole lot more added. So if you use any of those changed methods, the methods might break the program like 2.1 did for a few of the applications (Last.fm, etc.).

You mean some new methods are added and few old mehods/api are removed??

In that case, it would be difficult to develop an application for iPhone 2.0 version.

I think I should download iPhone 2.0 beta SDK instead..

What do you suggest!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.