Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
At this point if I cancel MobileMe (I renewed in March) do I get any sort of reimbursement from Apple for the pro-rated months? I have already set MobileMe to no automatically renew in '09.

I am sure that this has been talked about a million times on this board. But I just want to vent my frustration. MobileMe has never worked well for me!! It is slow as hell and completely unreliable. I can get most of these features from Google for free, so I was thinking of canceling it. But If I am not going to get any money back there may not be a point to canceling it.

Any thoughts.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
At this point if I cancel MobileMe (I renewed in March) do I get any sort of reimbursement from Apple for the pro-rated months? I have already set MobileMe to no automatically renew in '09.

I am sure that this has been talked about a million times on this board. But I just want to vent my frustration. MobileMe has never worked well for me!! It is slow as hell and completely unreliable. I can get most of these features from Google for free, so I was thinking of canceling it. But If I am not going to get any money back there may not be a point to canceling it.

Any thoughts.

Sorry it doesn't work for you. Call them and tell them your frustrations, tell them that the free months just didn't do it for you and you'd rather just get reimbursed for what's left.

They probably won't give you your money back, but you never know. Be sure to come back and tell us your experience. It's always good to hear how customers are treated by the giant corporations they feed (especially when they actually treat you well...which Apple has always done for me).

holden15

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
Austin, TX
MobileMe has worked for me every single time I use it. Mabye you dont have the latest Safari or something,try running Software Update. MobileMe is awesome, especially if you have an iPhone or iPod touch.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
MobileMe has worked for me every single time I use it. Mabye you dont have the latest Safari or something,try running Software Update. MobileMe is a godsend, especially if you have an iPhone or iPod touch.

I like it, too, and it has always worked for me. Some people just don't like it or want more from it for their money.

Also, why don't you put your signature in the signature so it doesn't show up in quotes?

MrMax

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
If MobileMe is no longer viable in your opinion, Apple very kindly offer refunds for MobileMe, in which they only take into account the time you have used so far.

This can be done using the guidelines laid out in this article http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2174

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.