Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djjoja

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Hiya Everyone!

Well I have the 2.1 Update for iPod Touch..
and..i installed this app called Remote to control iTunes..(i ahve Windows XP)..but when trying to connect to iTunes..i get a PassCode message...which I put in as shown on my ipod screen..but then the iPod fails to get my Library..and always says..Can not find Library..I've tried allowing ports etc frm Firewall..but nuthin works..

ANy help?
Thanks

djjoja

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Yep..updated to 1.1 Remote + running iPod on WiFi..and my PC is runing from same router via Cable..(LAN)

srent5

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2007
CA
I am having the same problem, but I am running leopard, itunes 8, and Remote 1.1 on an iPhone. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Remote, but still receive the error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11blue

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
I am having trouble too. Itunes never shows there being a device when I am trying to link the two devices and enter the code. Halp!

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
I am able to get this to work on my iMac at home but I was trying to help my dad get his remote App working and have not had any luck. Well, slight luck but only for about 1 minute. computer is hard wired into wifi router, ipod touch is wifi from same router. He uses CA Firewall (what Time Warner has as a perk to their road runner service). He has windows XP with the latest Microsoft, iTunes, and Remote software. Here is the problem, the iPod touch generates the pass code but the device list with the remote icon never appears. I got it working for 1 minute when I completely turned off the firewall but even with the firewall off it still then lost connection and couldnt find the library. Any ideas?? I am so confused. I made sure that iTunes was allowed through the firewall. I really want to get this working for him. Any help would be awesome!

richardsbrad

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
solution

I had the same problem but when i tried the application snatch test which is simular in that it turns you itouch/iphone into a wireless mouse for your computer it walked me through the steps to enable access for assitive devices.

Go into system preferences, then go into universal access the at the bottom check the box for 'enable access for assistive devices'

after i did that both apps worked statch and remote.

by the way i definitly recomend the free version of statch there's another app like it that works with windows too.

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
I had the same problem but when i tried the application snatch test which is simular in that it turns you itouch/iphone into a wireless mouse for your computer it walked me through the steps to enable access for assitive devices.

Go into system preferences, then go into universal access the at the bottom check the box for 'enable access for assistive devices'

after i did that both apps worked statch and remote.

by the way i definitly recomend the free version of statch there's another app like it that works with windows too.

tried this and had no luck. Still doesn't work

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
have you set up the hardware firewall (on the modem/router) to forward/allow all connections for remote?

djjoja

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
tried that, doesnt work..i dont relly know how to setup my router ot allow remote connections..but normally everythin works fine..i tried allowin ports on it though..same thing Library doestn load

MJHugo

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
Well, I have RoadRunner (CA Firewall). It works!

I know this thread might be outdated already. But it happens that I was looking for the solution to this problem as well. A message posted made a reference about RoadRunner user, that as any other get Computer Associates Firewall.
Nevertheless the rule applies to ANY Firewall.

1) You need to install Bonjour Services from Apple Software
2) Remote uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with your iTunes or Apple TV. Make sure that your router is not blocking these ports and associated por
3) In your Firewall enable mDNSResponder.exe to act without restrictions with the two protocols and ports mentioned in step 2)

And that is basically it. I have my iPod Touch :apple: with Remote connecting without problem. I hope it helps :)

djjoja

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I know this thread might be outdated already. But it happens that I was looking for the solution to this problem as well. A message posted made a reference about RoadRunner user, that as any other get Computer Associates Firewall.
Nevertheless the rule applies to ANY Firewall.

1) You need to install Bonjour Services from Apple Software
2) Remote uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with your iTunes or Apple TV. Make sure that your router is not blocking these ports and associated por
3) In your Firewall enable mDNSResponder.exe to act without restrictions with the two protocols and ports mentioned in step 2)

And that is basically it. I have my iPod Touch :apple: with Remote connecting without problem. I hope it helps :)

Thnanks for replying..tried ur way..dint work..:S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.