Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jlizard27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Hi, I sent this message to Apple. They rejected me. So I was wondering if any of the wonderful people here would be nice enough to help me out =)
Please understand that I am a 14 boy, and a clumsy one at that.

To Apple:
"Hi. I bought your iPod Classic just about 2 days ago. I brought it home, but when I got home with it the next day from school, it had developed a medium sized scratch. I have read your warranty, and I am clear that it does not cover scratches.
All I am wondering is: Is it possible to send the product into Apple or bring it to an Apple Store and have them either fix the screen or replace it? If it is, how much exactly would it cost?

Thank you, and I hope you can answer my question."

Thanks for your help guys!

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
It might be quite expensive to get someone to do it for you, but if you are willing to do it yourself, it will only cost $20 for an entire front panel and screen from iFixit. They also provide a very detailed guide on how to do it.

Jlizard27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
That's not productive at all.

I'm not super clumsy, I just stuck in my pocket for a few hours carelessly. I didn't have the money to get a case at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.