Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jewishmacfreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
The title says it all, I am having trouble opening my iPod Touch Package, I am scared to damage it.

Any ideas?

I give you permission to laugh at me.

Philz

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Did you peel the sticker on the top? After I did almost just fell open... Maybe try using a flat screwdriver to slide in between?

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Haha! I'd read a few reviews of the new Touch where the reviewers remarked that the new packaging was a swine to open :p

Are you sure you don't just "Touch" the packaging and the iPod floats free in a cloud of dry ice? :D

dakine85

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
so yes...
1. remove the plastic section that the ipod is mounted on from the rest of the box (it's snug, so pull firmly).
2. take off the large sticker covering the screen.
3. bend back the plastic section away from the back of the ipod. there is a picture of how to do #3 on the back of the plastic that the ipod is mounted on.

if you need pictures, let me know and i can put some up when i get home tonight. (it's 2:20p where i am)

peterhenley

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
The title says it all, I am having trouble opening my iPod Touch Package, I am scared to damage it.

Any ideas?

I give you permission to laugh at me.

I almost broke mine in half bending the plastic off.......
really miss those nice cardboard boxes..

jewishmacfreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I got it! thanks everyone!

for some reason my battery is not lasting very long, i used it a bit yesterday a bit yesterday and now today. and its less than half way already. could be it be the speaker? im assuming that kills the battery?

are there any specific intrusctions on how to charge the battery for the first, time, i just charged it till it was full and then used it.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
this time, let the battery drain all the way before you recharge it. ignore the low battery warnings and let it play until it turns itself off. then give it a complete charge. (standard lithium batter cycle.) you should be good to go after that.

radpanic

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
I think everyone has had this problem, including me. The trick is to remove that sticker covering the screen. I was so surprised at Apple's packing on the new Touch. It's not cool and neat. It's ugly and frustrating.

archi17

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
Australia
I peeled the sticker off mine and then it kinda just fell out. I was like :eek: hope that didnt damage it, it is all fine now.

Formativeyears

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2007
I find it very odd that Apple would choose these annoying plastic cases over cardboard ones when they are making such a concerted effort to be more environmentally friendly with their products.

Raytheon117

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah mine didnt fall open either. I easily peeled the top of, but only the left side of the case came loose. The right side I had to pry apart quite a bit, and then it flipped open. For the inside, I peeled off the plastic and then it was easily bent to release the ipod. When you're done, if you dont have a case handy, stick that cover that covered the front on the back. It's ugly i know, but you'll want a cover to protect that back since it scratches like insanely. Mine already has tiny scratches even though I have it in a pocket with no devices, and it is wrapped in lint free cloth. I need a case >_>

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
The right side of my box was very stubborn.

I pulled the sticker off, trimmed the flaps and put it on the back. I'm happy for now.

Is there a round sticker on my home button??? I feel a ridge un-like my wife's 1gen iphone. I have tried to peel it but I don't want to ruin something.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
I think everyone has had this problem, including me. The trick is to remove that sticker covering the screen. I was so surprised at Apple's packing on the new Touch. It's not cool and neat. It's ugly and frustrating.

it IS cool and neat... just ugly and frustrating to get off;)

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
The right side of my box was very stubborn.

I pulled the sticker off, trimmed the flaps and put it on the back. I'm happy for now.

Is there a round sticker on my home button??? I feel a ridge un-like my wife's 1gen iphone. I have tried to peel it but I don't want to ruin something.

No, it isn't a sticker. It's been noted that the home button on the 2g touch sticks out more than on the iPhone.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Even after you peeled the plastic sticker you may still need to put some force at the edge of the plastic thingy to bend it and the iPod will fall out.

P.S. Took me 5 mins to get the damn thing out of the box :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.