PDA

View Full Version : Missing: Jell-o Pudding Pops

mislabeledstar
Jan 20, 2004, 01:49 PM
I know I'm a little slow to catch on to things sometimes, and this one happened quite a while ago. I was walking through my supermarket's frozen foods department when I realized I wanted some JELL-O Pudding Pops. I saw that they didn't have them, and that is when i realized that I haven't seen them in about 10 years. A little thinking brought me to come up with making my own, which I will do shortly, but I also found an online pettiion to get them back.

so tell everyone you know to help save the pudding pops @

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/pudding_pops/

Gymnut
Jan 20, 2004, 03:06 PM
Who's spearheading this? Bill Cosby?;)

Edot
Jan 20, 2004, 03:13 PM
The exact same thing happened to me a while back. Weird how they just disappeared.

etoiles
Jan 20, 2004, 03:43 PM
tragic indeed. But can somebody please explain to an ignorant European import (me) what the deal is with those JELL-O Pudding Pops ? What was so great about them, why do you miss them ? Just trying to figure out another piece to the great American puzzle... ;)

Kwyjibo
Jan 20, 2004, 03:46 PM
I don't miss these never saw them as being that delicious enough to miss.

D0ct0rteeth
Jan 20, 2004, 03:51 PM
Same thing here.

Also I am looking for the Krunchers Potato chips (the ones they give away at Panera Bread Company)

- doc

mislabeledstar
Jan 20, 2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by etoiles
what the deal is with those JELL-O Pudding Pops ? What was so great about them, why do you miss them ? Just trying to figure out another piece to the great American puzzle... ;)

Well i suppose it's a mixture of things for me:

1. I do love the way they taste, frozen pudding, pretty simple, taste great.

2.It's something my mom used to get for me and my sister as a child, so i suppose there's a whole connection with my child thing.

3.It was a bit of pop culture with the whole Bill Cosby thing and odly enough, it seems like they stopped using him for promotions on it and shortly after they pulled them.

dave1234
Jan 20, 2004, 06:27 PM
I will support the op all the way, i love the pops, basically none others suffice. Some come close but fall short of the glory of the pudding pops...

question fear
Jan 20, 2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
Same thing here.

Also I am looking for the Krunchers Potato chips (the ones they give away at Panera Bread Company)

- doc

you could try sygma, they provide the food for panera.
i used to work for panera, people would stockpile those damn chips...when we ran out...shudder...
;-)
-carly

rainman::|:|
Jan 20, 2004, 08:36 PM
yeah, every once in a while i get a craving and decide "i'm going to go get pudding pops!", but i have to remind myself that they're many years off the market. Pretty sad. i've heard you can get them in very limited areas in the US but i don't know if this is true.

paul

D0ct0rteeth
Jun 23, 2004, 08:07 PM
yeah, every once in a while i get a craving and decide "i'm going to go get pudding pops!", but i have to remind myself that they're many years off the market. Pretty sad. i've heard you can get them in very limited areas in the US but i don't know if this is true.

paul

Update: Harris Teeter in Nashville carrys them.. eating one now.

- Doc

applemacdude
Jun 23, 2004, 09:01 PM
Update: Harris Teeter in Nashville carrys them.. eating one now.

- Doc
yay, but wait...im in cali

FelixDerKater
Jun 23, 2004, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure I have seen them here in VA.