Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Hi guys,

I've climbed over some hurdles with DW, and I'm doing quite well. I know DW 8 has a photo album feature, but it doesn't look that great. Are there photo album add ons for DW 8?

Also, what is the best way(fastest and easiest) way to do blogs with DW? Will I have to create a new page for every blog entry? Or is there a program that does it like in iWeb?

Thanks for all suggestions!

Sam

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm already using Dreamweaver, and don't really have use for another web design program.

Thanks though!

Well, yeah you kind of do if you want some quick and dirty way of doing things. The thing is DW isn't supposed to be a canned-type of web design application. It'd be best to know your way around some code if you want to do the things that we see from Rapid Weaver & iWeb.

You can google for photo album code and insert that into DW and adjust accordingly. I know I've done that.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm already using Dreamweaver, and don't really have use for another web design program.

Thanks though!

As said above, Dreameaver is a tool best used to code things. If you want a well integrated, easy to implement photo album & blog, then you would be better off investigating RapidWeaver, which is light years ahead of iWeb in terms of expandibility and creating accessible websites. Or possibly look at using Wordpress as a CMS (content management system) as that offers bloging and themes out of the box (so to speak) and provides good galleries among other things through plug-ins.

I'm not saying forget about Dreamweaver, just consider using these things as well. Works very well for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.