PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Sci-Fi series

GeeYouEye
May 28, 2002, 11:32 PM
So, what Sci-Fi series, if any, do you like?

Me, I'm a Trekkie.

atodd
May 28, 2002, 11:58 PM
I'd have to say Star Trek, because I watch it more than Star Wars. I don't like any of the others, though.

I speculate like crazy about Episode III (SW), but watch every episode of Enterprise and even reruns of Voyager! I've seen AOTC thrice, planning another viewing this weekend. Wow, I'm geeky.

edesignuk
May 29, 2002, 01:04 AM
It's gotta be Stargate for me, I love that show! :cool:
Looking forward to the next series.

mac15
May 29, 2002, 01:08 AM
I would have to say mines it starwars
I not much of a trekie or anything else

britboy
May 29, 2002, 04:16 AM
I'd say my favourite sci-fi series is star trek. My favourite sci-fi overall though is star wars. Ep II went some way to redeeming all that was lost in ep.I. I just hope ep.III will do the same again, because the original trilogy is excellent.

kishba
May 29, 2002, 05:24 AM
my favs were invisible man and farscape but then scifi canceled invisible man... i'm pretty disappointed in their decision... the characters were great and they still had many more interesting plots to develop

oh well... at least it's still in syndication at scifi

Sun Baked
May 29, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sort of sucks that Dark Angel got the ax and the B5 spinoffs aren't in production.

But it looks like there will be a lot of old shows being resurrected and a lot of sci-fi to choose from next Fall.

BTW, what's on Sci-Fi next season beside SG-1 and Farscape? Seems like most everything else was canceled or retired.

Macmaniac
May 29, 2002, 06:49 AM
Star Wars is awsome! The original 3 helped us get to where we are today!

jelloshotsrule
May 29, 2002, 08:18 AM
i just never got into anything besides star wars.

although i saw some of the star treks with patrick stewart and they were pretty good. the movies moreso.

so, i guess star wars it is.

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2002, 08:19 AM
I voted for none and all of the above (probably should have put other as well). No one series stands out for me, because do to the nature of trying to come up with a story every week, some are bound to suck, which is the case all too often. I've seen shows of each series, Dr. Who, Space 1999, Quantum Leap, etc. and like them all as a genre and once in a while they have a great episode.

MacBandit
Sep 8, 2002, 12:29 AM
I don't know if any of you have watched or know of the Sci-Fi channel show called, "Farscape". If you haven't all I can say is you're missing the greatest Sci-Fi/Space Fiction show ever.

To my and a great deal of other people's dismay the Sci-Fi channel is backing out of there contract and canceling this series. If you or anyone else feel as bad about this as I do please sign the petition to Save Farscape and send letters requesting it's continuation. You can find all you need to help save, Farscape at the following address.

http://farscape.wdsection.com/

MacBandit
Sep 8, 2002, 02:21 AM
I'm apologizing here before anyone can burn me.

I'm really sorry for all the posts I'm just trying to get the word out. This has really gotten to me. I haven't ever put this much effort in to saving anything before. My desk is a mess with letters and envelopes ready to go out tomorrow. I know that what I did is not appropriate on this board but I wanted everyone to know about this. The last time I started a thread I received very few replies so I am getting in peoples faces so I can't be ignored.

Sorry,
Louis

irmongoose
Sep 8, 2002, 03:58 AM
Welll, you didn't specify a movie or book series, so I'm choosing the 2001: A Space Odyssey series. The best Sci-Fi story by far.

irmongoose

peterjhill
Sep 8, 2002, 06:04 AM
My favorites weren't on the list:

Dr. Who
The Prisoner (some of the things in it were pretty sci-fi)
Battlestar Galactica (The original Star Trek Voyager and where do you think that popular coffee shop got its name)

Of course I do like Trek (NG please) and Star Wars, and most of the rest.

I am waiting for someone to attempt to make the Robots and Foundation series. I guess it could be called, the R. Dannel Olivaw series (forgive my mispellings)

iGav
Sep 8, 2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose
Welll, you didn't specify a movie or book series, so I'm choosing the 2001: A Space Odyssey series. The best Sci-Fi story by far.

irmongoose

Hell yeah...... I'm totally with you on this one....... ;) :)

I'm not really much of a Sci-Fi fan...... but I like the X-Files (The earlier series before they went off on one) CSI, Quantum Leap and when I was little iGav Terrahawks....... :)

mc68k
Sep 8, 2002, 11:14 AM
Star Wars
ST TNG
ST TOS
X-Files (older Episodes)
Sliders was cool too…

barkmonster
Sep 8, 2002, 06:30 PM
I've never been into babylon 5 but there are a few I'd add to list of "all time" favourates :

Quantum Leap
Sliders
Dr Who
X-files - Pre Doggart anyway, it's so lame these days
Buffy / Angel - more horror but still sci-fi to me
Dark Angel - 1 genetic freak I'd love to bring home to meet my mum :D
Andromeda
Roswell

okay, I've now realised I'm a sci-fi freak, to redeem my massive geekiness I'd just like to say the only autograph I've got from any of them is Amber Benson who played Tera in buffy. The one character they've written out of the show :mad:

diorio
Sep 9, 2002, 03:48 PM
I like Star Trek, not the original series, but everything from The Next Generation on is good. Star wars is awesome also, but I never really watched any of the others.

krossfyter
Sep 30, 2002, 03:42 PM
got dang i hate babylon 5.

i like star trek next generation... with data and jordi (sp?) and jean luc picard

diorio
Sep 30, 2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
got dang i hate babylon 5.

i like star trek next generation... with data and jordi (sp?) and jean luc picard

Star trek next generation rocks! By the way, Geordi.:D

krossfyter
Sep 30, 2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by diorio

Star trek next generation rocks! By the way, Geordi.:D

ahh okay thanks for the correction.

;)

Spike Spiegel
Sep 30, 2002, 04:08 PM
this is an animé, but it's still sci-fi. Cowboy Bebop is by far the finest show out there. It has incedible style and characters, and i own all the dvds.