Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moopf

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
Just a heads up that this problem still seems to exist. Basically, you buy an app, install it and run it and you'll get random crashes. Rebooting your iPhone / iPod Touch after the install resolves the issue. It seems like there's something not entirely right with the install procedure that causes this problem for some people.

This came to light after somebody contacted me about my game Hiqup yesterday, so I talked them through rebooting their iPod Touch (via. holding the home button and top power button down) and lo and behold, no more crashes. They were running 2.1 on an iPod Touch.

It's annoying as I know there's one review for my app on the US store that also seems to be about this (a comment about bugs because it crashes randomly) but I can't respond to who ever posted that comment (and I'm not in the US, so can't actually put a comment on explaining this.)

Just thought I'd better let people know in case they're not aware - if you experience random crashes with an app after installing it, try this first of all before thinking that it's the developer's fault!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.