Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YodaEXE

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
So, I'm a new Apple user, and I recently bought a 2G iPod Touch. Now, my first question is in regards to it. I've had it freeze up twice on me, and sometimes, when I double press the Home button to bring up the music controls, the buttons don't always respond. Is this just normal glitchyness (woo for making up words!)?

Secondly, my desktop is having issues. I'm running Vista Ultimate (yeah yeah, I know, people hate it, but I was one of the beta testers for it and I love it). So, I'm new to iTunes. I'm thinking of reinstalling my OS to see if it fixes some other issues I've had, but I'm worried about my iTunes stuff. All of my music and videos and such are stored on a different hard drive, so I'm not worried about losing them. What I am worried about however is if iTunes will recognize all the stuff after a fresh install. Will it just see the existing iTunes folder on my music hard drive and automatically add the stuff back to the library, or am I going to need to go through some complicated process?

Thanks guys!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
itunes issue:

when you reinstall vista u will loose all data on that hard drive partition, in itunes there is an option to export the library to an xml file, when u come back to vista after reinstalling, make sure the hard drive letter is the same as before then just import the xml into itunes and you'll be fine.

there is a folder inside music called itunes if you copy that to a hard drive that also works

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Just open itunes, go to File-Library-Backup (this was changed in 8.0 so I don't know if thats 100% correct) and backup your library to a few DVD discs, either way you will be OK if do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.