Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Reuters link
A group of programmers working to expand the reach of Linux software to video game consoles and other computing devices on Tuesday released a program intended as a first step toward running the free software system on Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s GameCube. The program, called "Linuxpreview," causes the GameCube to draw an on-screen picture of Tux, the penguin Linux logo. A spokeswoman for Nintendo could not immediately comment on the project.
The program can be downloaded from http://www.gc-linux.org.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
A question:

I can tell that this is still in the planning/creation stages, but is this program that draws Tux only viewable on a computer, or can we put it on our GameCube memory cards and thus on our GameCubes?

EDIT: Just answered my own question, thanks.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
I see good things coming out of this. Linux is somthing i want to get into but i cant put it on my pc because my pc is shared and i hardly use it. my game cube on the other hand is somthing i do use. one issue hard drive issues.. cant see it fitting on a memory card lol maybe a micro cd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.