Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
I ordered a skin from DecalGirl for my new Gen 2 touch. It arrived today and I'm super impressed. I thought I'd post pics of the skin in case anybody else was considering one.

Yes, I'm a girl so my skin is girly. :)

Attachments

• IMG00447.jpg
    IMG00447.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG00449.jpg
    IMG00449.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG00448.jpg
    IMG00448.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 93

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This looks great and am I mistaken in thinking this is one of the first skin-type protective covers that is available? Impressive if it is because even BSE and IS are lagging ass on their orders.

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
The skin doesn't cover the screen, it has a matching picture that can be set as the wallpaper to complete the look.

Yeah, that's just the matching wallpaper.

I ordered the DecalGirl skin as a stop-gap. I figured I'd use it until some cases rolled out. But now that it's here, I really like it and I'm going to be keeping it on. I'll just throw it in an iPod sock when I go out so nothing in my purse scratches the screen.

Attachments

• IMG00450.jpg
    IMG00450.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG00452.jpg
    IMG00452.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 83

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah, that's just the matching wallpaper.

I ordered the DecalGirl skin as a stop-gap. I figured I'd use it until some cases rolled out. But now that it's here, I really like it and I'm going to be keeping it on. I'll just throw it in an iPod sock when I go out so nothing in my purse scratches the screen.

According to some the screen shouldn't scratch. But you can still get a screen protector if you so choose.

drstein

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Hello there,

That is a cool idea!! I didn't know the existence of such skins. I am seriously thinking in getting one....:D

If you don't mind ...I got some of questions:

1-hoy easy is it to put the skin? any bubbles appeared? also...is it easy to remove? how well do both ipod and paint resist scratches?

2-does it have holes for all accesories? (i.e: earphone, pc connection) silly quetion, but necessary :p

3-Have you noticed a decrease in the quality of the speakers and or wi-fi connection? how about heating? does it heat more than usual?

5-how bigger it becomes? that is: I am not going to put inside another protective case, but could it fit into the docking accessories?

6-any other comments you have?

Thanks a lot :D

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
1-how easy is it to put the skin? any bubbles appeared? also...is it easy to remove? how well do both ipod and paint resist scratches?

It was easy to apply. No bubbles that couldn't easily be worked out. I had a DecalGirl skin on my Nintendo DS and it was easy to remove, left no residue and did not damage the finish.

2-does it have holes for all accesories? (i.e: earphone, pc connection) silly quetion, but necessary :p

Yep, skin does not go all the way around the sides.

3-Have you noticed a decrease in the quality of the speakers and or wi-fi connection? how about heating? does it heat more than usual?

Speaker sounds the same, wi-fi is the same, heat is the same.

5-how bigger it becomes? that is: I am not going to put inside another protective case, but could it fit into the docking accessories?

It's a sticker, so the iPod is still thin.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Not bad, looks like something that could be in locoroco, very nice ^^. Now just need to find some kind of Death Note decal XD

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
I check them out from time to time, but I just can't find anything that suits my tastes just right. There are some that I like, but couldn't live with every day. I wish someone would make a skin with custom artwork that didn't have to be ordered in bulk. So far I've stuck with the clear skins for all my electronics. I guess I'm just a boring person.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
I check them out from time to time, but I just can't find anything that suits my tastes just right. There are some that I like, but couldn't live with every day. I wish someone would make a skin with custom artwork that didn't have to be ordered in bulk. So far I've stuck with the clear skins for all my electronics. I guess I'm just a boring person.
Yes, you are.

Edit: Nice signature.
Edit #2: You can have an avatar, but you choose not to.
Edit #3: At least you play the sax!

Quockie

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008

Go to vskins.com, you can customize your skin there. It is sooo worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.