Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badmac78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Atlanta
Has anyone seen a product that competes with MS Sync? I've seen some decent reviews, but I would not be keen on purchasing a Ford to get an MS product.

JNB

macrumors 604
Having driven two rentals with Sync, it's the most annoying thing I've encountered in a car so far. It didn't sync with anything Bluetooth: iPhone, GPS, or earpiece, and its "help" requires reading the manual before use to be of any value, so "on the fly" is a non-starter. Intuitive it's not.

If I were to buy a car with it already installed, I'd demand a discount. Great idea, woefully inadequate execution.

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
I have it in 2 cars (Lincoln MKZ & Ford Edge) an I'm pretty happy with it. Pairs with both of our phones with no problem. Used it with an ipod touch & 2 different classics. Works fine. The only issue I have is with the voice recognition. I find the touch screen quicker!

Corman420

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
I love my MS Sync in my ford. Who wouldn't want a system that works with your iPod/iPhone, activated by voice, works well with all my devices (except iphone text messaging - but most phones support bluetooth text messaging and the thing will read the text message to you!)

Conclusion: I love MS Sync, and I highly recommend it if you purchase a ford vehicle...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.