Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Hi Mac Lovers!

We just got a new FlipVideo to film our newborn, etc... and when we hook it up to the BlackMac, going through iPhoto, we can hear the video but just black screen :( It prompted us to download the latest of QuickTime which we did... still the same result. What are we doing wrong??

Thanks! I can always count on you guys! :eek:

jon4lakers

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
Orange County, CA
I use the Flip Video Mino with my imac and it works perfectly. When you connect to your MB, it will open iphoto, just close it.

Click on the 'Flip Video' Icon on your desktop

Open up the 'DCIM' folder

Open the '100Video' Folder

In there you will see all your video clips. Simply drag them to your desktop or import them into imove.

I hope this helps, good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

- Jon

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
it may be an avi file.

you would need to download an avi codec of some kind if that is the case and you don't already have one.

that sounds like the problem to me.

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Apunk... I dont know but it still won't work. Can you tell me how to do that?? What do I download??

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
a bit later... i found AVS4you.com ?? Will that work? Why won't it simply work with the QuickTime I already have? Grrr :confused:

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
Go here, then click free download, I don't know if it includes some b.s. player or anything.... but if it does don't bother installing it.

All you need is the codec and then quicktime will play the video(s) fine.

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Later... I give up, it won't even download :( Got a link for me? Sorry to be so annoying *sigh*

Oh, just got your post, I will try it!!!

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Ok Apunk, all downloaded and I stuck it in my dock! Now what do I do?? FlipVideo icon on my desktop! :rolleyes:

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
After the codec is installed you can just navigate to the videos themselves, double click on them and they'll open in quicktime.

I don't bother with the stupid flip software...

They should be located in FLIP_VIDEO>DCIM>100VIDEO.

embalmess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
It works!!!!!!! Thank you so much! :D:D:D

So I don't have to open anything else then, it just automatically converts on its own somehow I guess? Great, thanks again!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.