PDA

View Full Version : Xcode Help!

Kathe
Sep 19, 2008, 02:33 AM
Hi all,

Im a newbie to this forum & Xcode 3.
I want to develop an xcode project in which i have to get reference to Adobe InDesign CS2 application & do some automations in InDesign which involves user interface.

Can any one tell which kind of project(Carbon,cocoa,java,...etc) can i choose to do this task in xcode 3?

How can i get refernce to InDesign CS2 application in xcode?

Where can i find the SDK's?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Kathe

Bakerman
Sep 19, 2008, 03:47 AM
Hi all,

Im a newbie to this forum & Xcode 3.
I want to develop an xcode project in which i have to get reference to Adobe InDesign CS2 application & do some automations in InDesign which involves user interface.

Can any one tell which kind of project(Carbon,cocoa,java,...etc) can i choose to do this task in xcode 3?

How can i get refernce to InDesign CS2 application in xcode?

If most of what you want to do involves controlling InDesign, I suggest to instead turn to AppleScript and the Script Editor. You can develop AppleScript applications from within XCode as well, but in many cases, using the Script Editor is enough.

Kathe
Sep 19, 2008, 05:41 AM
If most of what you want to do involves controlling InDesign, I suggest to instead turn to AppleScript and the Script Editor. You can develop AppleScript applications from within XCode as well, but in many cases, using the Script Editor is enough.

But will Applescript support UI.I need to develop a huge UI Screen for my project.

mysterytramp
Sep 19, 2008, 06:20 AM
But will Applescript support UI.I need to develop a huge UI Screen for my project.

google Applescript Studio and you should find info on how to create a fairly complex UI with Applescript and Xcode.

Cromulent
Sep 19, 2008, 06:34 AM
Adobe also has the SDKs for all their applications on their developer site.