Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kathe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Hi all,

Im a newbie to this forum & Xcode 3.
I want to develop an xcode project in which i have to get reference to Adobe InDesign CS2 application & do some automations in InDesign which involves user interface.

Can any one tell which kind of project(Carbon,cocoa,java,...etc) can i choose to do this task in xcode 3?

How can i get refernce to InDesign CS2 application in xcode?

Where can i find the SDK's?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Kathe

Bakerman

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2005
Sweden
Hi all,

Im a newbie to this forum & Xcode 3.
I want to develop an xcode project in which i have to get reference to Adobe InDesign CS2 application & do some automations in InDesign which involves user interface.

Can any one tell which kind of project(Carbon,cocoa,java,...etc) can i choose to do this task in xcode 3?

How can i get refernce to InDesign CS2 application in xcode?

If most of what you want to do involves controlling InDesign, I suggest to instead turn to AppleScript and the Script Editor. You can develop AppleScript applications from within XCode as well, but in many cases, using the Script Editor is enough.

Kathe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
If most of what you want to do involves controlling InDesign, I suggest to instead turn to AppleScript and the Script Editor. You can develop AppleScript applications from within XCode as well, but in many cases, using the Script Editor is enough.

But will Applescript support UI.I need to develop a huge UI Screen for my project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.