Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
So, my friend is a mac hater and a windows lover, and I am a mac lover. We settled out differences and got along. Anyways, one day I ask him, "why do you hate macs so much?" "Well he said, mostly because of how much propaganda Apple uses against windows/pc." He claims that ads by mac, such as the "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" are mostly phonies and lies and is just propaganda. What do you guys think? Is mac advertising or are they really using propaganda through their ads? Aren't all commercials more or less propaganda?

check this out-http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=ca047c12e105091272b2660a84fc218433fa54bd

pawn3d

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Well, I am an avid user of both.

From a hardware perspective, the PC seems twice as strong and has a longer lifespan.

On the other hand, not one of my 9 Macs ever caught a virus or required me to boat my HD with Norton or AVG.

The Mac experience IS different, but not all in a good way. PC guys can point out all the Mac flaws, but my beef is with Apple, not the Mac. Applecare really pisses me off and how Apple tries to front really blows my mac experience.

Oh... And I hate fanatics. I really wish Macs would stay in the hands of creative people (designers, musicians, film editing, etc) rather than college kids trying to look cool. It's so annoying to talk to people about Avid and they want to talk about iPods. (For God's sake it's an MP3 player- get over it.) I wish out users were smarter because it's blowing my mac experience.

The PC experience is boring, but it does it's job well. I'm a fish in water on Word, but on the Mac version, I can't even get paragraphs to align. But these are small details. There's nothing cool with a Macbook that you can barely hear the sound and there's nothing "PRO" about a MacBook with 2 USB ports... I want 5.

All in all, I couldn't live without either. I just wish I could have one machine that did it all. I need buttons. Lots and lots of buttons and wheels and trackpads. So, my vote goes 50/50. It's half propaganda.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.