PDA

View Full Version : Apple phone support say's my Mac Pro is in a coma

pawn3d
Sep 20, 2008, 02:21 AM
The guy had me hold the power button for 10 seconds and when it did nothing he said my Mac is going directly into sleep mode and that I must take it to an authorized Applecare place to wake it up, but I don't have that much time.

How will they wake it up and can I do it myself?

Mackilroy
Sep 20, 2008, 03:13 AM
More details about what's going on in the first place might be handy. :)

pawn3d
Sep 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
He said it's never woken up from sleep and it a very common occurrence with Mac Pro's and that any technician will no what to do.

lowfat
Sep 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds to me as the Applecare rep didn't know what he was talking about. Did he get you to unplug everything from the system for 30 seconds (including power) Then power it up?

Holding the power button for 10 seconds does nothing on Mac Pro's.

If what I above didn't do anything, something is going to be needing repaired. Likely video card if you can hear the fans on the rest of the system.

The technician isn't going to be able to just 'wake it up'

tobyg
Sep 20, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a bit confused. Your profile states you own a computer store and your tag has a link to two websites, one being a site stating "Apple Repair Shop". I assume this is yours.

I can't figure out if the shop is an apple certified repair shop or not, I'm not sure what "Apple Certified = No Worries" really means. Does that mean you are certified?

If so, shouldn't you have access to more information than just normal users here on a forum would have access to? Shouldn't you "no" how to get to the right resources to help you fix this problem?