PDA

View Full Version : A Recording app Officially coming to app store for Touch 2G!!! Update: It's there!

pismodude2
Sep 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
UPDATE (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=567348): IT HAPPENED- LESS THAN 12 HOURS LATER, IT NOW SAYS IPOD TOUCH ON THE COMPATIBILITY LISTING!!!!!!!! :D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:):D:D:eek:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I contacted the support staff for Note2Self Recorder (recording program on the iTunes Store), and they said that they have already conducted tests, verified that it worked, and applied the changes for iPod Touch compatibility!!!

Now we just have to wait for :apple: Apple :apple: to make the change in iTunes and we have an official app for iPod Touch voice recording! Hooray! :D

Link: Note2Self (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284945000&mt=8) :cool:

It got fairly good reviews- the only bad reviews were from paranoid security freaks and people who don't like the way it looks.

As always, you will need a 3.5mm headset to use as a microphone on the iPod Touch (2G only), and if anyone wants me to post the original email I received, just say so. ;)

sgtboy
Sep 20, 2008, 05:40 PM
Awesome, maybe just post it for those paranoid and need proof :D

I believe you though =)

pismodude2
Sep 20, 2008, 05:58 PM
Original emails (they have the best customer support EVER!):

----------------------------------------------------------

Me:

You can hook up a headset to the new iPod Touch and use it as a microphone, so will you please add "iPod Touch" under the list of compatible devices for Note2Self in the iTunes Store? Unless you do that, iTunes 8 blocks iPod Touch users from installing it now.

Thanks for your time and effort, I'm looking forward to being a customer soon, and have a great day!

Them:

Greetings and thank you for contacting us.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll forward it on.

We appreciate having the opportunity to help and service you. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do.

Them (or rather the 2nd guy that my message was forwarded to):

Greetings and thank you for contacting us.

I have been considering doing that along with some description on that you must have a 2G iPod Touch with the recording headphones. Not sure if it will cause more trouble or not though. We'll see I guess!

We appreciate having the opportunity to help and service you. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do.

Me:

I'll spread the word when you first release it, I'm really excited about
someone finally making adequate use of this feature!

2nd guy:

I've gone ahead and made the change at the iTunes App Store. So we'll see what happens. I added some text on the supported models. We actually do some UI testing on the iPod Touch when our iPhones are busy with other activities so we know it works.

Me:

Wow! Every 2G iPod Touch user thanks you very much! THANK YOU!!!

By the way, I've heard it can take quite a long time for an
update/modification to show up in the iTunes Store. Have you ever recorded
how long it took for Apple to clear an update/change to your application in
the past? If so, could you please tell me how long that took?

Thank you!

2nd guy:

Well in this case we aren't making any changes to the app so it however long it takes for the servers to sync around the world. It could be in the next hour or the next 12 hours.

But for product updates it can take anywhere between a week or two. We are about to do a product update next week to Note2Self 2.0.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wow, now THAT was a lot of copying and pasting. Dang. I did send him one more email thanking them and telling them what an awesome job they were doing after that, but you guys don't want to read that one, do you? (rhetorical question)

pismodude2
Sep 21, 2008, 12:23 AM
LESS THAN 12 HOURS LATER, IT NOW SAYS IPOD TOUCH ON THE COMPATIBILITY LISTING!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):eek: